Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ordered my pans, hopefully have them thursday and I can spend the night getting them welded in. Then to really decide what to do with this heap.

IMG_4185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Test fit last night, need to decide how much more I want to trim and how exactly I want to weld it in. Fits perfect tho other than being a little short. Not like I can’t fan up that small piece tho. I am half tempted to also get the 4 link brackets installed before I get the floors patched just Incase I can better reinforce how those mount to the “frame rails”

IMG_4203.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I am half tempted to also get the 4 link brackets installed before I get the floors patched just Incase I can better reinforce how those mount to the “frame rails”

That's what I would do. A lot more comfortable position to weld it would appear too.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well at least I finally added the passenger leaf spring to my scrap pile. These bolts suck to get out

IMG_4276.jpg

Attachments

• Image1548810351.482388.jpg
    Image1548810351.482388.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Got some jks rear shackles, I think 1” lift for when they settle which most people suggested. I can also grease these which will
Be nice.

Image1548990390.410969.jpg

Then managed to get one leaf hung. Used a lot of antiseeze on the bolts.

57068286458__0FFAFABD-32A1-47AA-8D9B-6DC242A9A299.jpg

Feels good to make a little progress

Last edited:

98XJ06LJ

Got some jks rear shackles, I think 1” lift for when they settle which most people suggested. I can also grease these which will
Be nice.

View attachment 320138

Then managed to get one leaf hung. Used a lot of antiseeze on the bolts.

View attachment 320139

Feels good to make a little progress

Always a positive feeling when you finally start bolting parts back on instead of cutting them off.

Build is looking good! Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Didnt take a picture, but about all I have managed to get done so far after the one leaf spring is get the brake line swapped. Fighting with the clip that holds it in place but its together and not leaking. I will pull it out and clean the bracket which hopefully lets me get the stupid clip in. The driver side rear leaf spring bolt came right out with some heat, still fighting with the front bolt. Once thats out I can get the other leaf installed and get the rear end back on its tires so I can start to tackle the front and roll it back out of the garage to clean up and keep working.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Brake line clip in last night, and the driver side leaf spring is out. Ended up having to cut the front mounting bolt since it was seized into the bushing. It was actually pulling the mount open and bending the metal. Now to figure out how to get the remaining part of the bolt out. I tried my best to leave some stick out, but its very minimal.

Ddays

Hooked
Brake line clip in last night, and the driver side leaf spring is out. Ended up having to cut the front mounting bolt since it was seized into the bushing. It was actually pulling the mount open and bending the metal. Now to figure out how to get the remaining part of the bolt out. I tried my best to leave some stick out, but its very minimal.

Works every time

download.jpg

Top Bottom