Hinrichs 2.0

Drake mounts showed up last night, kinda cool how they are $55 but don't come with any clamps or instructions

View attachment 247437

Brought one to work with me so I could grab some hose clamps to see what fit well and got some smaller ones for the c-pillars

View attachment 247438

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I thought the same thing, I actually haven't installed mine yet because I keep forgetting to go buy clamps!

Not sure what size extinguisher your going to use, but for the standard auto/marine from walmart I went with a Dixon HSS-48 which is 2-9/16 - 3-1/2 to hold it on

I could have went a little longer but really like having a short tail on the clamp and it gets very tight.

IMG_8161.jpg

So I ordered the upgraded psc hoses and cooler, should have that next week I hope, and today finally decided to upgrade to a Warn M8000

I really need to mount up mine extinguishers on the c-pillars like that. Thanks for the reminder. Oh, and nice that you're gonna get an M8000 :thumb:

Not sure what size extinguisher your going to use, but for the standard auto/marine from walmart I went with a Dixon HSS-48 which is 2-9/16 - 3-1/2 to hold it on

I could have went a little longer but really like having a short tail on the clamp and it gets very tight.

View attachment 247439

I use Dixon at work also since the screw is stainless steel too
What mount is your compressor on under your seat?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If u decide to sell the q-series, PM me a price and maybe I can take it off your hands at the newb run if it isn't already spoken for.

Nick already snagged it today. I know Cozdude is thinking about selling his however which is brand new from a warranty replacement if you want to get ahold of him.

I use Dixon at work also since the screw is stainless steel too
What mount is your compressor on under your seat?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I forget who makes it, but bought it off a guy on eBay who makes a few different items. It works well for being so basic but has no spot for the manifold of you end up with more than just the compressor itself. I hate to admit this, but I almost ordered the teraflex one recently.

Awesome! Great winch and one that I have personally seen work well. No need for the Factor 55, you're good to go as is :yup:

Didn't take enough pictures cuz i was not enjoying this install, but new hoses in

IMG_8272.jpg

One of the worst parts was getting the stock hoses out, but wow the new 1/2" hose is nice

Also got the cooler mounted up

IMG_8273.jpg

A few notes from the install and then after driving it finally.

1. The stock hoses are routed a very interesting way which makes it really hard to get them out. For the pressure line I was able to bend part and snuck it around the steering box since i didn't take that out completely ( would have been easier). Return line I ended up just cutting it in a few sections since it goes around the front of the rad and I couldnt figure out another way to remove it.

2. For the new high pressure line, start on the steering box side, then connect the pump side. I tried this the other way....you will fight with the hose end and have a very hard time lining it up on the steering box.

3. You wont think its enough hose for the new return line with cooler, but its just enough once you get the cooler centered in the rad support. I was going to use nutcerts for attaching the cooler, and still might down the road, but ended up just going with 2 self tappers which seem to be enough.

4. Remember to reattach your trackbar before you go out for a ride. I pulled it to give the steering box a little space to drop to get to the top fittings, yeah jeep wont turn without that connected lol.

Driving.

1. Steering is lighter than before with the upgraded high flow hoses.

2. Slow speed turning is even easier than before, have yet to notice it "stop" like it would do before pulling into a space (guys with psc will understand this)

3. Wish I knew the fluid temp before the cooler, but touching the cooler and lines, they are just kind of warm.

A few notes from the install and then after driving it finally.

1. The stock hoses are routed a very interesting way which makes it really hard to get them out. For the pressure line I was able to bend part and snuck it around the steering box since i didn't take that out completely ( would have been easier). Return line I ended up just cutting it in a few sections since it goes around the front of the rad and I couldnt figure out another way to remove it.

2. For the new high pressure line, start on the steering box side, then connect the pump side. I tried this the other way....you will fight with the hose end and have a very hard time lining it up on the steering box.

3. You wont think its enough hose for the new return line with cooler, but its just enough once you get the cooler centered in the rad support. I was going to use nutcerts for attaching the cooler, and still might down the road, but ended up just going with 2 self tappers which seem to be enough.

4. Remember to reattach your trackbar before you go out for a ride. I pulled it to give the steering box a little space to drop to get to the top fittings, yeah jeep wont turn without that connected lol.

Driving.

1. Steering is lighter than before with the upgraded high flow hoses.

2. Slow speed turning is even easier than before, have yet to notice it "stop" like it would do before pulling into a space (guys with psc will understand this)

3. Wish I knew the fluid temp before the cooler, but touching the cooler and lines, they are just kind of warm.

Thanks for posting this up. I was waiting on your review before I bought those hoses. Course, replacing the rad this past weekend I was kicking myself because that would have been the perfect time to do it.

Top Bottom