Hinrichs 2.0

Didn't want to buy a duralast sensor, but autozone had one so I should be fine. Also put loctite on all the studs on both sides and also on the brake calipers since they weren't very tight either

Edit: got the steering wheel as centered as I could again since I had that way off yesterday while messing with it. Down the driveway a few times and the lights all went off. Went for a drive just to be sure and all is well again.

Here are 2 pics showing why the sensor broke and you can see where the bolt hit something, it was this far out or worse.

IMG_7885.jpg
IMG_7886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Most expensive part was the stupid thread locker lol....never understand the price for it

Isn't that the truth!?

Glad you sorted it out quickly. Did you torque the lugs into the flange per the instructions when you installed the shafts? I ask becauae I didn't put thread lock on mine either... I might have to just spend a few minutes doing it just in case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

My local shop did the shafts when I had the new locker installed, so if there is a torque spec I have no idea. I just spun the lugs out today, loctite, then back in and a little more than hand tight which seemed correct to me.

#2. Yesterday I ordered a PSC hydro assist kit. I was going to use the ported box I got from a friend, but that is going to a good home and I just got the full kit instead of piecing it together. While I wait for that to get delivered, I need to make up my mind on which cooler setup I will run since I didnt order one yesterday.

Any advantages between the long tube style one vs the flat plate that mounts up on top of the rad?

I'd go with whichever has more internal volume, which I'm guessing is the vertical mount core. Granted Greg is in AZ, but I recall that the tube style didn't keep his fluid cool enough so he went to the core style when PSC came out with that and he never had another issue with overheating.

I'd go with whichever has more internal volume, which I'm guessing is the vertical mount core. Granted Greg is in AZ, but I recall that the tube style didn't keep his fluid cool enough so he went to the core style when PSC came out with that and he never had another issue with overheating.

I was digging through all the threads on here and saw that this morning. I actually have a cooler that was for my tranny on one of my old cars, which may work perfectly sitting in a work bench. I will post up some pics tonight when I get home and see what you guys think. I was planning on installing the new hoses they offer as well, but wasnt sure what I would need in the cooler department for that to work, not like I need the hoses right away but figure why not just get them now and not have to do it again later on.

I was digging through all the threads on here and saw that this morning. I actually have a cooler that was for my tranny on one of my old cars, which may work perfectly sitting in a work bench. I will post up some pics tonight when I get home and see what you guys think. I was planning on installing the new hoses they offer as well, but wasnt sure what I would need in the cooler department for that to work, not like I need the hoses right away but figure why not just get them now and not have to do it again later on.

Yeah, if you're willing to do some custom fab to mount it, I don't know why that wouldn't work. You could plan out the path and length of the hoses now. Now I recall some build I was reading where they were making custom hydraulic hoses for something similar and found that the hose ends were tough to assemble themselves. If you know of some shop that deals with hydraulic equipment, you may want them to attach the ends for you so you don't have any leaks. That would be my biggest concern other than routing the hoses through places they won't rub or get hot.

Honestly, you may want to get the cooler mounted up (at least temporarily) so you can see how best to run the hoses. Some scrap metal would work for this.

That should be plenty big enough Jim. Look at the size of the reservoir in your kit - the cooler is probably half of the capacity of it. I have the two pass cylindrical cooler I bought off of Highoctane when he went to the fin type but I haven't even put it on yet. I have had zero issues with mine around here. I only had issues with overheating the fluid when I was in Moab in July when it was 105*. And that was only at low speeds where I was working the wheel hard. Back on pavement the temp went back down. For our environment the one you have will be fine.

Looks so good!! What half doors are they? I know you picked them up pre owned, just didn't see what brand initially.

Edit- Looks like they are rugged ridge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom