Hinrichs 2.0

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448051609.320132.jpg

Other side installed and the dash crossbar. I need to to the upper part yet but need to pull the hardtop back so I will wait till I have an extra set of hands for that part.

Gonna grab some more paracord later today and wrap the handles like I did before. Wasn't feeling the tan so I pulled it off.

View attachment 174500

Other side installed and the dash crossbar. I need to to the upper part yet but need to pull the hardtop back so I will wait till I have an extra set of hands for that part.

Gonna grab some more paracord later today and wrap the handles like I did before. Wasn't feeling the tan so I pulled it off.

Do it in red

Question what kinda of mount did you use for your all-in hand CB out of curiosity

Also the Jeep looks great cage install looks good as well and congrats on the spare coilovers :thumb:

Question what kinda of mount did you use for your all-in hand CB out of curiosity

Also the Jeep looks great cage install looks good as well and congrats on the spare coilovers :thumb:

Cool tech llc mount I think. It's a great oem looking spot for sure, once I go back to my larger CB I'll let you know I won't need it anymore.

If you haven't checked out the bolt holding that one top bracket, you might want to soak that for a while. It is rusted to the joint inside. What a real pain it was to remove that one on the driver side.

How are the inner sleeves of the sliders?

If you haven't checked out the bolt holding that one top bracket, you might want to soak that for a while. It is rusted to the joint inside. What a real pain it was to remove that one on the driver side.

How are the inner sleeves of the sliders?

Hammered that bolt out without much fuss, going to pull the shafts today and get the electrolysis going to pull the rust off, may try another spare Subaru shock I have tho just incase but those are more coroded than rusty from what I remember.

The inner selves are a little wavy, but seem to be fine. I did wash them out and they spin easily so I feel they are fine. My tears are noisy in the morning so I think I will be good only running them back there. Just being lazy about pulling the rear shocks to install them.

Whaaaaaat? Didn't you just put these on? That's crazy. I thought they were aluminum bodies as well!

Edit: just read they are your "spares"

Yeah these will be trail spares for the most part. All depends on what they are like after I get the bodies cleaned up and see how bad they really are under the nasty rust.

So I found a video where a guy shows exactly where to hold your hard top to pull it by yourself, so I may try and do that tonight so I can get my cage center section installed, and also run the cb wire up top so I can go back to my 29lx and put the 75 back into storage again. Nothing wrong with it, but I miss my larger cb.

Took steves advice and went with red paracord to wrap the cage handles like I did before, and planned to do that yesterday.....but couldnt remember how I did it so thats waiting as well lol.

Last edited:
So I found a video where a guy shows exactly where to hold your hard top to pull it by yourself, so I may try and do that tonight so I can get my cage center section installed, and also run the cb wire up top so I can go back to my 29lx and put the 75 back into storage again. Nothing wrong with it, but I miss my larger cb.

I've done it once. Not bad getting it off. Its putting the hardtop back on that can get a little tricky. Mostly because you are backing yourself into the trunk area while holding the Damn thing above your head.

I've done it once. Not bad getting it off. Its putting the hardtop back on that can get a little tricky. Mostly because you are backing yourself into the trunk area while holding the Damn thing above your head.

Thats the part I am worried about as well. I will see if my one friend can spare an hour to help me out.

I was originally just going to slide it back a little till I noticed the locating pins in the back.

Last edited:
Wrapped the handles last night

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448371076.365059.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448371085.811804.jpg

I hardly ever use them, but its nice when your not grabbing cold steel.

Last edited:
So I found a video where a guy shows exactly where to hold your hard top to pull it by yourself

Before I lifted my JK and got the tuffy deck in the rear of it, I use to pull mine all of the time by myself. The wife has zero upper body strength and the times I did get her to help me, it was a disaster. Even scratched the jeep one time. Oh well. Now we live in a house with a garage so sometime soon I will be getting/making a deal to be able to hang it from the ceiling.

Before I lifted my JK and got the tuffy deck in the rear of it, I use to pull mine all of the time by myself. The wife has zero upper body strength and the times I did get her to help me, it was a disaster. Even scratched the jeep one time. Oh well. Now we live in a house with a garage so sometime soon I will be getting/making a deal to be able to hang it from the ceiling.

I may see if my parents garage ceiling is tall enough to put a hoist in, at least I could store it there. Sadly my larger garage addition has a very low ceiling since the previous owners were idiots. The jeep can fit in the garage, but I only have about 2" to the ceiling so any work in winter other than doing an oil change or diff service is out of the question. I am going to see what soft top deals are available for black friday and hopefully buy one. Hell it may even go on before winter is over. I really only need to pull the top just to re-route my cb cable along the roll bar, and then install the center cage section so I can be done with that till spring when I add the rear.

The only reason I went with a hard top on mine is because I have 15 foot ceilings in my garage. Getting the hoist mounted up was one of the first things I did. Let me know if you're interested in any pictures.

Top Bottom