Hinrichs 2.0

Guess you made up your mind on the 5.13 vs. 4.88?

Yeah went 5.13

While the jeep is a daily driver, I wanted the better crawl ratio. Hell I almost went 5.38 but then Id have to go to 40s :crazyeyes:. My work is only like 10 miles away tho so it shouldnt be bad to deal with.

I think you'll be happier with those anyway. I stuck to 4.88's saying that my daily commute was 30 min, mostly highway, and I wanted the best gas mileage I could get. Now looking at my dismal 14mpg, I wish I would've just gotten the 5.13's since it couldn't have been much worse. :grayno:

I will have to say, the 4.10s in my 2 door were not bad at all, and I kind of miss them cuz I was still getting 18mpg on the highway. Im sure being manual helped tho, but I never got to really use 6th gear unless I was flying on the highway. The 3.73 really were not horrible for the little I got to drive around on it with the 37s, but I can tell offroad or on a long hill it would have been a nightmare to drive, which is basically my whole way to and from Rausch Creek. In the 2 door I would be in 2nd or 3rd just to try and keep it going 50mph up the mountain.

Stopped out to check on the jeep today after a test, still on the lift but they were finishing it up I think, untill they noticed they were putting the new driveshaft on the rear and not the front lol. It should be done tomorrow tho :thumb:

Sorry man, don't mean to jump in the middle of your thread but I think you'll really like the 5:13's with your 37's. I just changed from 4:88's which I thought were pretty decent in the hills of Western Pa, but these 5:13's are the sweet spot for me. Mileage really didn't change noticeably. Enjoying your build from the other side of the state! Bad Jeep!

So got a few calls tonight, steering is not right which I kinda already knew. Seemed short to me and not going enough like it should.

My guy said just backing it out was a nightmare, and the box was getting hot as hell. It has fluid but somethings wrong, wondering if maybe I got a bum box or something.

So went out on my lunch break to see what the jeep is doing.

It will turn one way, then not the other, then it will and hit full lock, then fight you to turn back the other way.

We think either maybe the pump or the steering box is just bad. Going to take it to a dealer who is going to warranty it......I am getting a good deal on a psc steering box once my guy finds it in his shop so Ill be piecing together a setup.

So went out on my lunch break to see what the jeep is doing.

It will turn one way, then not the other, then it will and hit full lock, then fight you to turn back the other way.

We think either maybe the pump or the steering box is just bad. Going to take it to a dealer who is going to warranty it......I am getting a good deal on a psc steering box once my guy finds it in his shop so Ill be piecing together a setup.

I know this sounds like a crazy question, but did you flip your swaybar motor back when you changed out the bumper? I ask because after my lift and a quick wheeling trip I found that the bolts on the (stock) drag link were contacting the sway bar motor at full turn. It seems the swaybar motor had sort of twisted back after the trip. From the drivers seat it felt like the power steering was out.

I know this sounds like a crazy question, but did you flip your swaybar motor back when you changed out the bumper? I ask because after my lift and a quick wheeling trip I found that the bolts on the (stock) drag link were contacting the sway bar motor at full turn. It seems the swaybar motor had sort of twisted back after the trip. From the drivers seat it felt like the power steering was out.

Nah its flipped up just like the last one.

So I may have a major problem......

Was just talking to my buddy at the shop, and said his friend had the same issue as mine is having on his 2015....but his made it around 1000 miles. I then ask what they did about it and he ended up getting a new jeep....which I dont see being a possibility with what I have done already :doh::doh:

So I may have a major problem......

Was just talking to my buddy at the shop, and said his friend had the same issue as mine is having on his 2015....but his made it around 1000 miles. I then ask what they did about it and he ended up getting a new jeep....which I dont see being a possibility with what I have done already :doh::doh:

I'm guessing some wheeling and dealing along with a hefty side of bitching got this resolution. Drop the D-link and see if its steering component related or steering system. If it's int the system, both the gear and pump can be changed easily in a few hours. The bleed takes some time but isn't too bad either (besides the mess). If it ends up being further down stream (on the axle) get your wallet ready.

I'm guessing some wheeling and dealing along with a hefty side of bitching got this resolution. Drop the D-link and see if its steering component related or steering system. If it's int the system, both the gear and pump can be changed easily in a few hours. The bleed takes some time but isn't too bad either (besides the mess). If it ends up being further down stream (on the axle) get your wallet ready.

Well Im hoping I can get some kind of warranty for this, seeing as I dont even have 300 miles on the jeep yet. I also have no money to throw at it which is the big problem.

Well Im hoping I can get some kind of warranty for this, seeing as I dont even have 300 miles on the jeep yet. I also have no money to throw at it which is the big problem.

If it's in the system it should absolutely be under warranty. If it ends up being on the axle or down stream I can see them saying your lift is at fault. Hell, they could even blame the gear on the tire size. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but I could see it.

Top Bottom