HighwayTrout's build

CalSgt

Hooked
Welp. You can add window tint installer Id never do for a living. What a pain in the ass. It ended up turning out okay except for a tiny spec of dust or microfiber lint created a fish eye. Im still not exactly convinced this will help with rock chips and cracks, but I’ll report back if it does. At this point it’s worth a shot. Sick of cracked windshields
Is that something specific for windshields or just regular PPF?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s specific for windshields. It’s three layers of film. Kinda like what F1 and other motorsports use when they pull into the pits. Its Racing Optics Windshield Defense.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one going through windshields and trying to figure out how to preserve them :ROFLMAO:

So. Not exactly thrilled with the windshield defense. I made a call to the company and they reassured me my issue should clear up in 24/48 hours if left in the sun.
welp it’s been raining for a week and no chance of letting up for a few days.
anyhoo. This is what I got.
IMG_3808.jpeg .

looks like smoke between the film and the glass. Terrible.
It’s been 48 hours now and it looks the same. lol
No sun and 100% humidity though. So I have it parked in my barn with a heat lamp over it. We’ll see. In 24 more hours ready or not we are hitting the road and I’ll be pissed if it doesn’t clear up in time for our road trip.

TrailHunter

Hooked
So. Not exactly thrilled with the windshield defense. I made a call to the company and they reassured me my issue should clear up in 24/48 hours if left in the sun.
View attachment 404724 .

No sun and 100% humidity though. So I have it parked in my barn with a heat lamp over it. We’ll see. In 24 more hours ready or not we are hitting the road and I’ll be pissed if it doesn’t clear up in time for our road trip.
Looks like a Bronco Dude Jizzed on your windshield.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 404724 .

Civic.

Little update on the windshield defense. It’s been a few weeks and about a thousand miles. Here’s my take.
First. I would and will do this again. I had a rock fly up and strike the windshield that I thought FOR SURE was going to end up as a crack. It hasn’t and from what I can tell and feel it only left what can be described as a tiny popped blister in the film. No star or crack in the glass. And again this was a legit rock strike at freeway speeds. Loud as hell.

Second. I’d recommend maybe having a tint shop install it. If you don’t get every last bit of lint or smudge cleaned off your windshield. You will absolutely notice it after you’re done and be pissed. Also. The windshield must be free of any stickers. I applied the film over my windshield banner and it looks terrible around the letters. The film never adhered around the stickers and created a bubble around each letter.
Other than my install errors it’s been great. It’s not noticeable and is perfectly clear. The blueish cloudy mess that I posted earlier in this thread completely cleared up. Albeit a lot longer than the company said it would. In fact I was dead set on removing the film as soon as I got home from a road trip. But by the time I got back home 8 days after install. It finally cleared up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Little update on the windshield defense. It’s been a few weeks and about a thousand miles. Here’s my take.
First. I would and will do this again. I had a rock fly up and strike the windshield that I thought FOR SURE was going to end up as a crack. It hasn’t and from what I can tell and feel it only left what can be described as a tiny popped blister in the film. No star or crack in the glass. And again this was a legit rock strike at freeway speeds. Loud as hell.

Second. I’d recommend maybe having a tint shop install it. If you don’t get every last bit of lint or smudge cleaned off your windshield. You will absolutely notice it after you’re done and be pissed. Also. The windshield must be free of any stickers. I applied the film over my windshield banner and it looks terrible around the letters. The film never adhered around the stickers and created a bubble around each letter.
Other than my install errors it’s been great. It’s not noticeable and is perfectly clear. The blueish cloudy mess that I posted earlier in this thread completely cleared up. Albeit a lot longer than the company said it would. In fact I was dead set on removing the film as soon as I got home from a road trip. But by the time I got back home 8 days after install. It finally cleared up.
That’s awesome and really glad to hear it! I’m seriously thinking about doing this the next time I get a new windshield.

Top Bottom