High steer kit?

BruceyZ06

So on my 2020 JTR I' m running the MC 3.5" Game changer lift with RPM 2.5 steering up front including Reid racing knuckles.

I installed front 4.5" springs in the front to level it out. Drives great no bump steer or death wobble. I feel like I"m over thinking this...

I keep reading about hight steer kits what are your thoughts when needing a high steer kit?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I understand what you're wanting here. You're already running Reid knuckles and they already bring things up a bit.

BruceyZ06

Not sure I understand what you're wanting here. You're already running Reid knuckles and they already bring things up a bit.
Eddie, correct I am running Reid knuckles. Not the high steer knuckles, just the standard ones. Yes it did bring it up more. I just thought I would need more (face palm)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, correct I am running Reid knuckles. Not the high steer knuckles, just the standard ones. Yes it did bring it up more. I just thought I would need more (face palm)
That's the problem with the internet and more specifically, social media. All the whores and dumbasses out there will go on and on about what you need but without actually explaining or showing why.

High steer will NOT improve your steering or handling or even prevent a pitman arm from breaking. Anyone who would suggest as much is just stupid. What high steer will do is get your tie rod and drag link sitting higher up and further away from rocks that can bend or break it from a hit. A true high steer will have them sitting well above your axle but really, nothing short of a custom 1-ton will allow you to do that, kind of like what I have on Moby with the PR60 it has on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In this pic, you can see that the tie-rod and drag link on my PR60 sits way higher than the axle and almost above the differential. This was done through the installation of an EVO high steer kit that utilized new Dynatrac steering arms on top of the knuckles.
20180812160100-14436846.jpg

Essentially, everything out of harms way.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No sir, was not here. Apologies on posting it here. I respect people's opinions here more than the JL wrangler forum. Besides, members on this page seem to have more knowledge IMHO.
My point exactly. If you don't see it here there is probably a reason behind it. If you see it there why not ask them over there?

Lperdue

Only way to really take stress of the pitman arm and gear box is by adding hydro assist and even though you just moving the weak point in your steering to the tie rod.

Plus I want to know what he was doing to fuck up a pitman arm.

Top Bottom