Hi lift mount on an AEV tire carrier

acamp75

Good morning from Durango!!!! I need to get my jack on my JKUR and need some opinions. I have an AEV tire carrier and would like to attach it to that but I don't want to weld to it. I know AEV makes a mount for a jack and a pull pal but I do not see myself spending the money on a pull pal because I don't think I will be anywhere in CO that it would be useful. Pleas let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

When's the last time you actually needed or used your Hi-lift for what it's intended for? Or, do you just like the way it looks being carried on a Jeep and there's nothing wrong with that.

When's the last time you actually needed or used your Hi-lift for what it's intended for? Or, do you just like the way it looks being carried on a Jeep and there's nothing wrong with that.

I like that last sentence lol. I have mine as a backup in case my winch breaks or if I'd ever get hi-centered, but we all know the main reason is because it looks pretty tough on the back of the jeep going through my mall parking lot hahah

I don't know if you could do it with that tire carrier, but I welded some 1/2" bolts on and made some wing nuts for mine. On that carrier though, you may have to mount it diagonal if you do something like that. Seldom used, but I like having it and do like the look.

jeep (5).jpgjeep (19).JPGjeep (18).jpgjeep (17).jpg

EDIT: Disregard any captions in the photos, they were for something else. And I totally missed in your first post that you didn't want to weld it. Nevermind.

Attachments

• DSC02520.jpg
    DSC02520.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
When I was running my genright carrier I used their tube clamps similar to what Eddie posted above, they worked well and I used them for a few other mounts and things till I sold the carrier.

It has been a while since I needed one, but the last time I did I had slid down a sloppy road and if I hadn't had the jack I may still be up on that road. I wonder about reseating beads and just to have a little extra if I, or someone else may need it. And of course because they look awesome!!!!!

It has been a while since I needed one, but the last time I did I had slid down a sloppy road and if I hadn't had the jack I may still be up on that road. I wonder about reseating beads and just to have a little extra if I, or someone else may need it. And of course because they look awesome!!!!!

I actually have part of the AEV mount if you want it. I'm pretty sure it's incomplete but the primary section is there. I'm in Broomfield.

image.jpg

Top Bottom