Help with suspension

Jimma2

Hello, I have a 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport 2 door soft top. Looking for a budget friendly suspension set up. I use it as a daily driver, flat tow behind my motor home with mild to moderate off-road. It has 33” tires, steel bumper with Smittybilt 10k winch and the flat tow mount on the front. I recently installed a Gobi rack and use a rufRack on the back. Of course this has pushed the suspension past the limit.
I do not want a big lift, prefer to stay as close to stock as possible. Search other forums the information is usually go to a Rubicon take off or install spacers. Spacers are not going to improve the weight issues on the suspension. I have looked at take off Rubicon shocks and springs, but there are so many different configurations that I am at a lost to know what to use. Another option I have found are Clayton 1.5 springs, not sure what size shock to go with there. I see Rough Country has some economical options, but not sure of quality. Sorry long winded, but do appreciate any help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What’s the weight issue on the springs? If it’s just to help with the sagging then that’s exactly what spacers will do. Sounds like some spacers and a good pair of shocks are what you need.

Jimma2

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, but I did fail to mention that I carry a couple of kayaks or a canoe and two e-bikes on the back of the Jeep when traveling.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hello, I have a 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport 2 door soft top. Looking for a budget friendly suspension set up. I use it as a daily driver, flat tow behind my motor home with mild to moderate off-road. It has 33” tires, steel bumper with Smittybilt 10k winch and the flat tow mount on the front. I recently installed a Gobi rack and use a rufRack on the back. Of course this has pushed the suspension past the limit.
I do not want a big lift, prefer to stay as close to stock as possible. Search other forums the information is usually go to a Rubicon take off or install spacers. Spacers are not going to improve the weight issues on the suspension. I have looked at take off Rubicon shocks and springs, but there are so many different configurations that I am at a lost to know what to use. Another option I have found are Clayton 1.5 springs, not sure what size shock to go with there. I see Rough Country has some economical options, but not sure of quality. Sorry long winded, but do appreciate any help.
Take a look at Rancho, they have matched coil/shock lifts that look like they would fit your need.
They are also a vendor on here and can answer questions for you.

Top Bottom