Help with purchasing new axles

kyle521

So I've been looking to pick up a d44 front. It seems that I will have to get it shipped in. Is there anyway to tell if the axle is bent? Meaning is there anything I can have the seller do to show me its not bent. If I go look at it, what can I do to make sure it isn't bent?

If the Jeep it came off of was wheeled, I'd put my money on it being bent.

My exact thoughts, but if theres always a chance it isn't bent and if there is a way to find out, I'd like to try and get it. I guess a level would work a little bit, but then you never know about the Cs being bent or any internal damage.

if i were you i would just wheel with the axle you have currently and save up for something like a PR44. it will be stronger in the end and worth the investment.

For the type of wheeling I do, I don't need a pr44. If I can get a used rubi 44 with a locker that will hold me over until I go to full size axles, which would go along with an engine swap, I'm going to try to do that first. And I can get a used 44 for less than half the price of a pr44. I guess it just makes more sense to regear and lock a rubi 44 than a d30.

I struggled with this same issue. I wanted a 44 for the front and that I'd be better off picking up a used Rubicon 44. All the used ones I found were beat to hell. I looked at the PR 44 housing and found it wasn't that much more than a new Rubicon 44. I just waited another month or so and got the PR 44. Hope your search for a Rubicon 44, turns out better than mine.

Top Bottom