Help with Lift

TeamFaust

OverlanderJK has a good point... if budget is the main concern a "Budget Boost" lift TeraFlex or other is a good way to go as you are maintaining all of the stock components (thus a stock feel ride) but gives you a bit of additional room for larger tires (which is why you do a lift).

Next step up would be a 3" lift with springs & shocks (suggest a kit which should include all/most of the other lift related items such as extended drag links, front link quick disconnects, bump stop extensions, extended brake lines, Rear track bar relocation bracket, etc. -- read the list of included components). That is also when you should consider the Heavy Duty adjustable front track bar and front drive shaft (and rear drive shaft if 2DR).

The other thing to consider is are you going to be doing it your self or have a shop do it. If a shop use one that knows 4 wheelers and in particular the JKs, they will be equipped and experienced to handle little things like adjusting correctly so you don't have ESP (electronic sway protection) issues after the install.

Last edited:

Jay_r24

Those fox 2.0's probably won't be able to be used with your new lift since the length will need to be longer when you get taller. A drag link flip won't do anything on a budget boost. It isn't needed until you go more then 3".

I would get the budget boost with a set of rancho or bilstein shocks and save the rest until you can upgrade.

Do you have a 2 door? If so spend the rest getting both front and rear driveshafts and that will put you right around $1600.

i have a 2011 4Dr JK...thanks for the info!

before you pull the trigger on a lift see about finding local jeepers who have the different lifts installed and see how they ride. seeings how you are in socal you and there are a bunch of members there you should be able to find one or two different suspensions to decide, besides ride comfort is very subjective and the worst thing you could do is spend money on a lift and you do not like it. I did that when i purchased a pro-comp budget lift just to have a lift. JMHO.

R/
Will

TeamFaust

i have a 2011 4Dr JK...thanks for the info!

Then you don't need to worry about the rear drive shaft, just the front. Honestly if you're just doing around town and dirt road type trail runs you could probably hold off on the front -- if rougher trails causing long drops and articulation with the increased angle you will need to replace it. Ask me how I know :doh: :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom