Help me pick a lift kit!!!

JKULIFE

I just installed the RK 3.5 X Factor on 35 MTR Kevlars, C Gussets and LCA Skids. Taking it out this weekend.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
steer clear of the MT/R with Kevlar - by far the worst tire I have ever run.

Hey eddie what was so wrong with the MT/R w/ kevlar when you ran them? what happened that made it so bad? you have me curious. sorry if you have answered this before

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey eddie what was so wrong with the MT/R w/ kevlar when you ran them? what happened that made it so bad? you have me curious. sorry if you have answered this before

I really love the way they look and so wanted to like them but the fact of the matter was, they were difficult to balance, unpredictable on the rocks, had really weak sidewalls and due to their directional like tread design, tracked funny on pavement. Compared to a slew of other tires I've run, they rank at the bottom for me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really love the way they look and so wanted to like them but the fact of the matter was, they were difficult to balance, unpredictable on the rocks, had really weak sidewalls and due to their directional like tread design, tracked funny on pavement. Compared to a slew of other tires I've run, they rank at the bottom for me.

ahhh ok. yea they are what i am currently running and i totally agree with the tracking funny on pavement. it does seem like they are hard to balance since mine always feel/sound like they are not balanced even after i have it done. all that i can say is im looking forward to when i upgrade to 35's and grab some nittos.

OP - sorry for the thread hijack

FeltsYouUp

Nice! If I go with a 3.5 lift, then I will probably hold off on trimming my fenders for a while; don't want the roller skate look. Did you weld on the gussets and skids yourself, or have someone else do it? I want to get those done before I put my lift on. Does anyone know if the LCA skids will cause any issue when it comes to installing new control arms?

FeltsYouUp

ahhh ok. yea they are what i am currently running and i totally agree with the tracking funny on pavement. it does seem like they are hard to balance since mine always feel/sound like they are not balanced even after i have it done. all that i can say is im looking forward to when i upgrade to 35's and grab some nittos.

OP - sorry for the thread hijack

The MTRs are probably my favorite tire looks wise, but I have heard many mixed opinions about them. AZ does have some sharp rocks and I'd hate to slice open a brand new tire. :grayno:

It's also worth noting that Eddie always seems to give out good information, and makes awesome videos, so I'm easily sold on products he recommends lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The MTRs are probably my favorite tire looks wise, but I have heard many mixed opinions about them. AZ does have some sharp rocks and I'd hate to slice open a brand new tire. :grayno:

It's also worth noting that Eddie always seems to give out good information, and makes awesome videos, so I'm easily sold on products he recommends lol.

You need to talk to GCM 2. He was the only one running MT/R's out on a run we did with him in Florence Junction and the only one to suffer sidewall failure.

JKULIFE

I had a guy weld the 4 Artec C gussets, the 2 Artec LCA skids and the rear track bar bracket for $150, and he had a lift to put her in the air. Had to modify the C Gussets for coil clearance. Now I have to pull the bolt on the LCA at the frame mount to remove it to adjust or tighten it, no big deal for me for the protection they offer.

Top Bottom