Help me decide!

MrHooah04

So im heading up to the New Hampshire Topless day in two weeks and Need to order a CB for it.

I was looking at two package deals from Right Channel Radio and cant decide...so I figure i'd ask everyone! :rolleyes2: Quick note, I have an unlimited so 18' of coax should be enough..or so I have been told...lol :D

Option 1: $166.00
Uniden 520xl (External SWR meter)
Firestik FS w/ 18FT coax (Plan on mounting with teraflex tire carrier mount)

Option 2: $200.00
Cobra 29LTD Classic (Built in SWR meter)

What would everyone recommend? I have no experience with CBs and notice that the Uniden is reliable as hell but the 29 is extremely popular as well. Is it worth paying $30 more for the 29LX? Both have internal speakers from what I see.

Is there that much of a difference? I know the built in SWR meter with the 29 is a selling point, however the Uniden package from Right Channel includes one for the price above.

Again, complete noob when it comes to CBs so please be constructive haha!

V/R

TDIpowered

I have the uniden 520xl and it works great. I would go with whichever one is cheaper.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flyer

I have the 520XL. It is very clear and has good range. It is also very small...a big benefit for me since I mount it on top of the mirror.

jeeeep

Hooked
So im heading up to the New Hampshire Topless day in two weeks and Need to order a CB for it.

I was looking at two package deals from Right Channel Radio and cant decide...so I figure i'd ask everyone! :rolleyes2: Quick note, I have an unlimited so 18' of coax should be enough..or so I have been told...lol :D

Option 1: $166.00
Uniden 520xl (External SWR meter)

Option 2: $200.00
Cobra 29LTD Classic (Built in SWR meter)

What would everyone recommend? I have no experience with CBs and notice that the Uniden is reliable as hell but the 29 is extremely popular as well. Is it worth paying $30 more for the 29LX? Both have internal speakers from what I see.

Is there that much of a difference? I know the built in SWR meter with the 29 is a selling point, however the Uniden package from Right Channel includes one for the price above.

Again, complete noob when it comes to CBs so please be constructive haha!

V/R

both are good CB's cobra has built in meter but really, once it's tuned you should be ok... uniden includes external swr meter so that's good...

I'd say it comes down to size, the uniden is about 1/2 the size and weight of the cobra.

if I had to do it over I would have gone with a smaller cb and tuned it externally, I haven't used any of the other features on my cobra since it was tuned.

droflakcin

My father was a truck driver and swore by the cobra 29, I myself have had a couple 29s and I love them, but for my jeep, I use a uniden. its smaller and lighter.

Top Bottom