Hello

mojitodriver

Hello, everyone. I bought my first Jeep, a JLUR, about 2 years ago (rapidly added a lift and 37's). Leading up to that and ever since, I've put more than a few hours of "work" into watching Eddie's videos... great content and superb editing!

I'm decent mechanic, but I don't have a good garage/shop setup. Consequently, most of the stuff done to my Jeep has been courtesy of the local offroad shop. Still, I like knowing about what's going on, even if it's a result of my dollars rather than my wrenches.

Normally, I'd be perfectly happy to lurk here rather than joining, but I had a recent situation that inspired me to do otherwise. On the same day that the batteries on my Jeep decided to crap out, my wife's Suburban also began misbehaving. The solution that helped us out of the mess most quickly was for me to dust off the tools and refresh my skills in driveway profanity.

Eddie's video on how to replace the aux battery was truly a savior. With only one trip to the parts store (my projects typically require several), I had everything I needed. 30 minutes later, the job was done. I'm especially thankful for the video, because it enabled me to spend ONLY 30 minutes standing in the rain and 40 degree weather.

Much appreciation for what you do!

oh Henry

👋
Welcome.
I can totally relate. I agree with you about the content and quality of Eddie and Cindy's work and sharing regarding Jeep life.
it is a 'Wayalife'.

DZRTJP

Welcome from Arizona 👋

Definitely good to dust off the mechanic's skills once in awhile. Been a long time since I did in those conditions though. Sometimes things don't give you a choice. Having Eddie and Cindy's videos available is certainly a Big help to all.
Hope you both get to have fun in that nice rig 🙂

Welcome from Texas (and Arizona).

Having a good battery is important. The Jeep totally freaks out when the battery goes bad. It is like looking at a pinball machine. Older vehicles with true analog gauges were much easier to understand. For example the CJ-5 displayed the battery voltage in the speedometer area.

mojitodriver

Welcome from Texas (and Arizona).

Having a good battery is important. The Jeep totally freaks out when the battery goes bad. It is like looking at a pinball machine. Older vehicles with true analog gauges were much easier to understand. For example the CJ-5 displayed the battery voltage in the speedometer area.
Yes, and mine continued to freak out after replacement - backup camera didn't work, apps were missing from the menu, menu color scheme was different, climate control was convinced I was freezing to death. About 8 hours later everything magically corrected.

My Jeep was an upgrade from a 15-year-old pickup which was all analog, including the door locks and window cranks. The Rubicon is a blast, but I sometimes feel like a go-cart hobbyist whose been set loose at NASA. I never imagined I'd feel so proud over changing batteries.

Top Bottom