Hello from Virginia Beach, VA!

theexpozay

New around here, looking for my place!

So about me. I was born in Norfolk VA and raised in VA Beach. I am of the few who can claim they are from here! I lived here my whole life except for College and some time in the Persian Gulf.

My first Jeep was in 2001 and was the first vehicle I bought myself after college. Up until they had all been family hand-me-down-beaters. (don't get me wrong I was pleased a punch to have them) It was a 1994 YJ Sahara Edition. It had 75 k on it, it was bone stock, and it had both sets of tops and doors. It was a heck of a find even if half the soft top parts were missing. She got a name and Anna Belle was my constant companion for about 3 years when my company sent me out to the Persian Gulf for 1 year. I had a Hyundai out there. It was new, had power nothing, AC, and a radio with a cassette deck. I hated it but it was very cheep and Bahrain is only but so big and it was very reliable. I missed Anna Belle and when I came back in 2.5 years... (that's government contracting... 1 year becomes 2.5) I found her in less then... good shape. My friend Matt, with all good intentions did not take good care of her. She had been broken into, her dash destroyed, and her radio stolen. Her gas lines were leaky and there was rust... . Anyway I had also had a sports car to be my daily driver and the plan was to give Anna Belle a second lease on life. I got her a new dash, soft top, all new windows, new sliders for the half doors, a new radio, speakers, mirrors, and half a dozen other things. Anna Belle was going to be turned into the weekend off roader of my dreams. Unfortunately within 6 months the rust got the better of her frame and she became undriveable. I knew this was no longer something I could manage. She got traded to someone who had the ability to repair her. I in turn got really bad work done on my condo.

I have regretted that decision ever since. I loved her and miss her.

I have had several vehicles since, notably a BMW Z4 and a most recently an Expedition. They were great in their own ways, The BMW was as sublime as the Expedition EL was ridiculous. Neither were Anna Belle.

Well a week ago, I traded Ashley (the Expedition) in for a 2021 2 door JL Willys. I ordered her to spec, got EVERYTHING I wanted (including the cold air intake and gorilla glass), and take delivery in 1 to 2 months... I CAN NOT WAIT!

Incidentally, in the process of building out my order, I discovered that the build website is not up to date. I was going to order the rig in HellaYella but it is no longer available. Also it was a heck of a fight to get both sets of doors and tops!

I am so excited so much so that I have already started ordering parts.

Cheers,
Zimmy

theexpozay

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I am looking at bumpers and winches right now. I am also looking for some easy trails near me. I can't wait to get her out on the beach and into the woods!

Top Bottom