Hello from SoCal

Hey everyone, I've been meaning to post a thread since I got my JKU a few weeks ago but never got around to it. I came from a ~350hp Subaru Forester turbo, and picked up a 2013 Rubicon 10A with a manual and soft top with only 11k on the clock. I've never owned a manual before and only had experience driving them through friends and family. After a few weeks of ownership, I have no regrets even with the huge difference in power. I have a blast rowing through the gears on my commute to work, especially with the top off. I've done a few trails in Mammoth and Big Bear, and those runs alone drastically helped me get a good feel for the clutch.

As for future mods, I'm going to start off with an Evo leveling kit. Hopefully by winter I'll have a hard top and rack as I enjoy snowboarding and would like to transport my gear outside the Jeep. My apartment garage is the main reason I don't do a 3"+ lift, but that will change in the next year. Eventually I'll do cut fenders, 35's, Evo coilovers(unsure which set I'll get yet), a regear to 4.56 or 4.88, full Evo skids, and an AEV rear tire carrier and fuel caddy. Not sure if I'll be keeping the front 10A bumper or going Evo with a stinger. I mainly plan on doing trails, with maybe some rock crawling.

And of course, a pic from an outing at Big Bear this week

CAh0gNV.jpg

Top Bottom