Hello from SC

Hello everyone. Just recently purchased a 2016 JK Rubicon. Looking forward to planning and executing the build. Currently completely stock. Once I decide on the tire size I need, I’ll plan the build from there. Currently trying to decide between 35” s and 37”s. Will be driven on the street with weekend trail duty.
Would appreciate any input regarding tire size selection.

Rusty

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 6
How did you end up with 373 gears on something which says "Rubicon"?

With a gear change 37s are doable but 35s will cause less negative impact for daily driving (acceleration, braking, and fuel economy) and will already seem plenty large on a 2-door. This is particularly true for a JK, which wants more perfect gearing for its transmission.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How did you end up with 373 gears on something which says "Rubicon"?

With a gear change 37s are doable but 35s will cause less negative impact for daily driving (acceleration, braking, and fuel economy) and will already seem plenty large on a 2-door. This is particularly true for a JK, which wants more perfect gearing for its transmission.
Welcome!

Yeah, doubtful you have 3.73 if it’s truly a rubicon. Maybe a sport with stickers?
4.10’s we’re not standard on a every rubicon in a JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE! As mentioned, 35's are more practical if only because they're more affordable and require a LOT less to get you up and running them. At 37's, you really do need to be thinking about more lift and or trimming of fenders and then there's drive shafts, loss of power that will get you wanting a re-gear and on and on. BUT... 37's will be on your mind all the time if you don't get them LOL

Not sure I trust the factory front Dana 44 on 35”. And if I have to upgrade it, might as well use whatever the rear axle will hold with only gussets and new shafts. My big unknown, can factory rear axle be made suitable for 37”s?

Welcome to WAYALIFE! As mentioned, 35's are more practical if only because they're more affordable and require a LOT less to get you up and running them. At 37's, you really do need to be thinking about more lift and or trimming of fenders and then there's drive shafts, loss of power that will get you wanting a re-gear and on and on. BUT... 37's will be on your mind all the time if you don't get them LOL
Would like to plan out a build that includes 37”s if feasible. Many questions to answer: 3, 3 1/2, or 4 inch lift; will an aftermarket front 44 hold up to 37”s; what must be done to the rear axle; will the tires simply look too big on a two door, and most importantly how I keep it pleasurable to drive on both the street and the trail?

Top Bottom