Hello from Nampa ID

rlphay

Started following you back in 2019 when my wife got our first Wrangler. 2019 JL Sport Unlimited. It was a lease when we got it as we needed something to haul around the grandkids.
Not quite a year later I decided to trade in my 2006 Tacoma on a 2020 2-Door sport as I preferred driving her Wrangler to my Tacoma. No lease on this one though as it is all mine. And since we already have the Unlimited I was setup up for my 2-Door which I prefer.
We do not really go off road much or do anything that dramatic so we really did not need the Rubicon. We do hit a lot of the fire trails though as we need to get done many of them to get to the hiking trails that we are after. And the Wrangler is perfect for that.
I run my 2-door with the top off as long as I can here in Idaho. So I do get several months out of the year what I do not have to worry to much about rain. And this year after your video on hanging your new Sport doors I had to run out and get the hardware to build my own. Shortly after getting home from work my door hanger was mounted and the doors were removed from my Jeep. Love driving around this this other then I am really missing my side mirrors. So now I am not sure if I want to get some extension mirrors to mount in the door hangers or get a set of tube door with mounted mirrors. The conversation on that still continues. I do love the half door that you installed on your 2021 but they are a little spendy for me at the moment.
For my Birthday this past weekend my wife did got me the RedRock 4x4 Axle-Back Exhaust with Black Tips. Got that installed and really loving the new sound that it provides.
I was also able to get a set of Stock Rubicon tires and rims from a friend at work for a really good price and they only had about 100 miles on them. The larger tire size on my stock height Sport I think looks really good. I will put on a 2 inch lift if I ever have a problem with the tires rubbing but so far so good..
So that is my short and condensed story of me and my Jeep. Really looking forward to the modifications that you are planning on doing to your Sport Red.
Loving the channel and keep up the great work.
Ray

rlphay

Awesome, it’s great to have you here 👍🏻
I do believe that I was at the Peterson Dealer when you were picking up your new Jeep. I was dropping off my Jeep to get it serviced and as I was walking up front where my wife was waiting for me I thought that I saw your Gladiator. I just thought to myself that the owner was also a fan of the channel. Really looking forward to your next modifications.

Top Bottom