Hello from Michigan!

eyaro26

Hi all! I've had my 2015 JKU Sahara for just over 4 years, picked it up almost fully stock (just had a front bumper) with 55k miles. Now it's riding on full Metalcloak suspension with 35's, and a Rubicon transfer case! I've been watching Wayalife for years now, and realized I never joined the Forum.

Now for the question I've always been wondering... does anyone know how to find out how many Baja Yellow 2015 JKU's were built? I've always read it was a "one-year" color, so I wondered how rare it really is.

Thanks, and glad to be here!

IMG_3499.jpg IMG_3088.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum side of WAYALIFE and awesome pics! Drummond Island?

Regarding the color, I'm not sure how easy it would be to find out how many were made in that color in 2015 or at least, at this point and time but it should be noted that colors come and go under different names all the time. As in, there might be a lot more out there only it was called something else in a different year.

Welcome from Arizona (and Texas). Not sure about the yellow colors. Jeep seems to come up with new names every year or two, and maybe the colors are somewhat different.

eyaro26

Welcome to the forum side of WAYALIFE and awesome pics! Drummond Island?

Regarding the color, I'm not sure how easy it would be to find out how many were made in that color in 2015 or at least, at this point and time but it should be noted that colors come and go under different names all the time. As in, there might be a lot more out there only it was called something else in a different year.
Correct, both of those pics were from Drummond!

And makes sense, I'm sure the color was reused under a different name given all the other yellow JKs and JLs!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Correct, both of those pics were from Drummond!

And makes sense, I'm sure the color was reused under a different name given all the other yellow JKs and JLs!
There should be a paint code on the VIN tag on your door jam. You should be able to look it up and see what other names it's gone by in the past and present and on what Chrysler products.

eyaro26

There should be a paint code on the VIN tag on your door jam. You should be able to look it up and see what other names it's gone by in the past and present and on what Chrysler products.
Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out and see

DZRTJP

Welcome from Golden Valley Arizona 👋

Besides renaming the colors, they also sometimes ever so slightly changed the shade. They've used a Solar yellow that I think was brighter than yours. Mopar et al in the past had a way of looking up those vin numbers to see how many were produced with what options. I used to have various CDP muscle cars & went to shows, etc. For example, my younger brother had a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Grand Coupe convertible. Grand Coupe and convertible don't usually go together ... But we were able to find out it was 1 of only 100 produced. There were not that many survivors, & his option package (color, drivetrain, etc) made it even more unique.
I'm not sure how Jeep records were kept, but newer age ones should be able to be tracked down.

Top Bottom