Headlight Suggestions JK 14

t8er

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438961591.042453.jpg

Another one for trucklites. The JW speakers are nice also but cost more. If you do an HID retrofit correctly I'm sure it's nice but I like the plug and play personally. Call Oliver or Tim at Northridge since I think they still have a few sets at the old price.

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
I don't like how the TruckLites only illuminate the upper half of the housing when using only the low beams. That to me just looks silly and I'm not sure why they designed them that way.

As for plug & play....my HID's were exactly that. Maybe a little more complicated if you've never connected a set of HID ballasts before, but pretty simple.

Jk909

HID's done the right way are really no different than a set installed by the car manufacturer. There's a reason so many (almost all) car manufacturers include them on their vehicles. DOT approval doesn't decide whether or not a light set-up actually works well. Just that it meets a certain set of standards.

I'm not talking about putting a set of $50 HID buls & ballasts in the stock housings. I'm talking full retrofit of the light itself. Removing the guts of the crappy factory light and replacing them with a full blown Bi-Xenon projector.

Pics

View attachment 158260

35W 6000K Low Beams
View attachment 158261

35W 6000K Low Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158262

35W 6000K High Beams Cutoff @ 30 feet
View attachment 158263

I agree with the outcome of a properly installed set. My point to the op is to stay away from those $50 sets that are as bright as a light bar and are NOT DOT approved. There's a reason why we can't drive everywhere with our high beams on.

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
I agree with the outcome of a properly installed set. My point to the op is to stay away from those $50 sets that are as bright as a light bar and are NOT DOT approved. There's a reason why we can't drive everywhere with our high beams on.

Oh...yeah. Mine cost me right at $480 and I supplied my OEM housings. Barebones with virtually no frills other than a pair of CCFL halo rings inside the housings that I have yet to hook up in the 3 years I've owned them. But there are different shrouds that go around the projectors, housings can be painted, shrouds can be painted...a whole list of things to make them completely customizable.

JakeJK

Oh...yeah. Mine cost me right at $480 and I supplied my OEM housings. Barebones with virtually no frills other than a pair of CCFL halo rings inside the housings that I have yet to hook up in the 3 years I've owned them. But there are different shrouds that go around the projectors, housings can be painted, shrouds can be painted...a whole list of things to make them completely customizable.

Where'd you find the projectors?

Jk909

That's a fair price, they look great👍

quertyman

Check out headlightupgrade.com I think it is what you are looking for. They are the ones all the sema rigs go to for custom headlights, they can paint them and give you whatever look you want. I have been wanting a pair for a long time just the price stops me. But they are comparable to jw speakers and look way better.

Top Bottom