Heading to San Diego

72blubyu

I'm heading out to San Diego and want to go out to Glamis and hit the dunes. Any suggestions on good places to rent quads or side by sides? Has anyone been out there with there Jeeps? I did Pismo Beach dunes a couple of years ago and thought I would knock another off the bucket list.

72blubyu

I had booked with them and I guess they did not get their permits for this year, so they are only going to Octillo Wells. From the videos I've seen it does look nuts.

Rebel JK

There are probably other outfits that rent at glamis. Id try for midweek if i was you.
You should try to hit ocotillo wells/Borrego springs in the jeep also.

72blubyu

We will probably hit Octillo Wells with side by sides, I did see there is one company that rents jeeps there also. I don't think our rental car will do to good. I tried to rent a jeep but none of the rental place had any available.

DManuel

You can also check out www.Glamisnorth.com. It is an RV park on the opposite side of the Salton Sea as Ocotillo and a very family friendly place. There is a rental company that rents quads and side by sides out of there. It is still a 30 mile ride to any sand dunes and you are still quite a ways from the main part of Glamis. There are some other cool places to explore around there too depending on your interest.

We go to Glamis on non holiday / slow weekends and most of the time find we can avoid the crazies. We haven't taken our jeep there yet, but have seen several out there and would like to try it one day.

72blubyu

You can also check out www.Glamisnorth.com. It is an RV park on the opposite side of the Salton Sea as Ocotillo and a very family friendly place. There is a rental company that rents quads and side by sides out of there. It is still a 30 mile ride to any sand dunes and you are still quite a ways from the main part of Glamis. There are some other cool places to explore around there too depending on your interest.

We go to Glamis on non holiday / slow weekends and most of the time find we can avoid the crazies. We haven't taken our jeep there yet, but have seen several out there and would like to try it one day.

Thanks I will have to give them a call. I'll be out there this weekend so I'm hoping its a quite weekend.

DManuel

Cool! We'll be in Glamis. We've been going to Glamis for Super Bowl weekend for many years now and it is one of the mellower weekends so I'd expect Glamis North to be similar.

Hope you have a great time wherever you end up!

Laura and Dave

TeamFaust

My uncle from central MN was just here for a week and a half and didn't want to go back :)
Glad you had a good visit and were able to hit Glamis

Top Bottom