Has anyone stored their doors in their room in the Holiday Inn Express in Moab?

Jaydoc1

My girls are finally old enough that I trust them without the doors on the JK. Anyone stored their doors in the HI Express in Moab? Just curious.

I haven't there but I have stored my doors just about everywhere else including other HIE's.

We were thinking of finding a storage unit and rent it for a month just to store the doors for Rubicon. A lot of places have like $29 start up , dunno if it would be a good idea lol

We were thinking of finding a storage unit and rent it for a month just to store the doors for Rubicon. A lot of places have like $29 start up , dunno if it would be a good idea lol

A hotel room is like $70 a night. Why would you rent a storage unit for three days?

Not that exact scenario but close enough. When we go to the mountains I book motels with a room on the first floor so I just carry the doors in the room and drop the top.

Last edited:
I was looking at one time to renting a condo in Moab that had a garage, and the prices didn't seem that much higher than a motel room

A hotel room is like $70 a night. Why would you rent a storage unit for three days?

A lot of the time you could get a unit for less then 20$, you could rent it for a month grab your doors and save 50$ that you would spend on a hotel room. Plus you would have more room to put a top in and multiple doors from other Jeeps.
It's a long windy ride from so cal so I was just throwing ideas around in my head

And last I checked $20 for a month of storage is cheaper the $70 a night at a hotel !

You're correct, $20 is cheaper than $70. But you still need a hotel the night before and the night after you get off the trail. And I have never seen storage units for $20.

If you could point me in the direction of the twenty dollar units that would be great. I am currently paying around $100 for my small storage unit.

I was looking at one time to renting a condo in Moab that had a garage, and the prices didn't seem that much higher than a motel room

That's actually true. My girls love the pool at the HIE, though. They wheel with me as long as I swim with them. :thumb:

You're correct, $20 is cheaper than $70. But you still need a hotel the night before and the night after you get off the trail. And I have never seen storage units for $20.

If you could point me in the direction of the twenty dollar units that would be great. I am currently paying around $100 for my small storage unit.

Yeah I pay 100 for mine as well, they gave me a initial first month at $19.99. And it went up after with no contract due at signing.
As far as having to get a room the first night and the last night , very good point. So storage unit may not work out to good now lol.

Top Bottom