Has anyone done a JKL conversion on their 2 door?

Toddjohnson

I'm thinking about doing the JKL frame / body stretch on my 2 door JK. Has anyone done this to their 2 door JK? The plan is to do it myself. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• Fenderless Jeep Angle.jpg
    Fenderless Jeep Angle.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
How much of a stretch are you looking for? What about the synergy mfg 8 inch stretch? Might save you time and money.

wjtstudios

Hooked
But it's the same as stock, no? I don't think that's a stretch from the wheels to the rear of the Jeep is it?
I think it pushes the rear axle back, at least that’s what those pictures show or maybe it does both

Attachments

• BFB445FF-C821-4FC9-B81A-2F9ABC43DB01.png
    BFB445FF-C821-4FC9-B81A-2F9ABC43DB01.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Who did the 4 door and shrank it? Quadratec? I remember it having a bad looking soft top with no side windows. I feel like that would be easier than stretching.

BaddestCross

Who did the 4 door and shrank it? Quadratec? I remember it having a bad looking soft top with no side windows. I feel like that would be easier than stretching.
They didn't shrink it, they just covered the doors. Unless you're talking about the one they put the dog catcher body on, but I think that was a JL.

They didn't shrink it, they just covered the doors. Unless you're talking about the one they put the dog catcher body on, but I think that was a JL.
Probably. I don’t remember it that well. Just figured easier to take away metal then add it, structurally speaking.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like the axle is pushed back 2-3" maybe. Not a full comp cut so it isn't a lot.
Yeah, hard to tell from that angle. really good look though.

That was Dynatrac that turned a 4 door into the 2 dr right? Code 1?

John90XJ

I shot the rig owned by John Hendrix of Flobuilt Conversions when I was at Jeep Beach a couple years ago. At the time I believe he told me the drop off/pick up completed cost was ~$10,000 which seemed reasonable considering my lack of body work skills and a solid understanding of how much better the rig would be at the increased wheelbase. He's a stand up guy and I wouldn't hesitate to drop mine off and have him work on it.

Attachments

• JDH_9548_FLOBUILT.jpg
    JDH_9548_FLOBUILT.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 26

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Looks like the axle is pushed back 2-3" maybe. Not a full comp cut so it isn't a lot.
Not sure what OEM wheel base is.
QUOTE: Jeep Works will stretch your 2-door JK 10 inches for the perfect 106-inch wheelbase. All sectioning work is done at factory seams and looks like it came off the assembly line. Body panels are welded, as done in factory, using Pro-Spot resistant spot welding equipment. The factory corrosion protection is replaced.

Ddays

Hooked
I shot the rig owned by John Hendrix of Flobuilt Conversions when I was at Jeep Beach a couple years ago. At the time I believe he told me the drop off/pick up completed cost was ~$10,000 which seemed reasonable considering my lack of body work skills and a solid understanding of how much better the rig would be at the increased wheelbase. He's a stand up guy and I wouldn't hesitate to drop mine off and have him work on it.
Not sure what OEM wheel base is.
QUOTE: Jeep Works will stretch your 2-door JK 10 inches for the perfect 106-inch wheelbase. All sectioning work is done at factory seams and looks like it came off the assembly line. Body panels are welded, as done in factory, using Pro-Spot resistant spot welding equipment. The factory corrosion protection is replaced.

So the wheelbase is stretched, but is the wheel opening changed respective to the rear of the jeep? Not picking, just curious. They look great

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That kit literally just cuts the jeep in half and adds 10” to everything. It’s a nice kit but for $10k it’s a lot. You still would need to buy long arms and all the other jazz.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That kit literally just cuts the jeep in half and adds 10” to everything. It’s a nice kit but for $10k it’s a lot. You still would need to buy long arms and all the other jazz.
This ^^^. Nice but really, it's just the starting point. A lot more money would be needed to finish things up.

Top Bottom