Hack's 2000 XJ Build Thread

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The XJ is looking good. I was playing catch up and trying to figure out what the heck was going on with the crazy troll.

Glad your oil leak is fixed. On the "melted" carpet, i was gonna say ice, when you said it had disappeared. But it looks like you figured that out.

I think I would have an XJ if the wife would let me have a third jeep. I have put some miles on a couple that one of my buddies had years ago. I really like them.

Hack12

Well, some bad luck for the XJ today. I rear ended a very nice guy in a Land Rover. :doh:

Here is my poor old XJ:

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

Here is what she did to the Land Rover:

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

Hack12

Yeah, definitely a sucky situation. However, it was totally my fault so I can't really be too pissed at anyone but myself. I removed the corner bumper cover and the fender flare so I could alleviate the rubbing. She drives perfectly fine and there was no damage under the hood, so it definitely could've been a lot worse.

xwaz

Yeah, definitely a sucky situation. However, it was totally my fault so I can't really be too pissed at anyone but myself. I removed the corner bumper cover and the fender flare so I could alleviate the rubbing. She drives perfectly fine and there was no damage under the hood, so it definitely could've been a lot worse.

If you don't mind me asking. What all happened?

Hack12

If you don't mind me asking. What all happened?

Don't mind at all. I rear ended the Land Rover on a highway off-ramp. Completely my fault. :yup:

Fortunately, the insurance adjuster who inspected the vehicle today was very cool and they are giving me a very fair payout with some flexibility in the event that there ends up being some internal damage that we missed upon initial inspection. I'm just hoping my rates don't go through the roof!

xwaz

Don't mind at all. I rear ended the Land Rover on a highway off-ramp. Completely my fault. :yup:

Fortunately, the insurance adjuster who inspected the vehicle today was very cool and they are giving me a very fair payout with some flexibility in the event that there ends up being some internal damage that we missed upon initial inspection. I'm just hoping my rates don't go through the roof!

Well lets hope the rates don't blow up. It looks like the xj took almost all of it and the land Rover just got the turn signal / reflector broke and the bumper pushed forwards and maybe dented hard to tell by the pictures.

Hack12

Well lets hope the rates don't blow up. It looks like the xj took almost all of it and the land Rover just got the turn signal / reflector broke and the bumper pushed forwards and maybe dented hard to tell by the pictures.

Your analysis is exactly correct, sir. The XJ is really just my 15 year old DD and family vehicle, but I'll be happy to get her back in one piece just the same.

xwaz

Well hopefully its just a case of a new fender and bumper and inerfender well on the xj. Nothing big.

Top Bottom