Hack's 2000 XJ Build Thread

Hack12

Here are a couple shots I found on the web of what the ZoneWorx light bars look like.

This is the style I'm hoping for.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422924532.349877.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422924538.881729.jpg

Hack12

Well, this happened tonight while idling in the parking lot on break at work. :grayno:

486_1.jpg

I tried to grab the code by doing the "key turn" trick that I used to use on my JK, but it didn't seem to work. I think I remember reading somewhere that the trick only works on the 96 and older XJ's. I guess I'll have to take it to Autozone in the morning to pull the code.

Hack12

Screw Autozone. I'm gonna swing by Walmart on my way home from work tonight and grab a cheap OBDII scanner so I can read the code and clear it if need be.

I'll let ya'all know what I find...

Tigrcky

Screw Autozone. I'm gonna swing by Walmart on my way home from work tonight and grab a cheap OBDII scanner so I can read the code and clear it if need be.

I'll let ya'all know what I find...

You can also clear it by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins

Hack12

After scanning I pulled 3 codes. :grayno:

P0303, P0300, P0304.

All related to cylinder misfires. I cleared all three and I'm waiting to see if they return before I drop any serious cash.

Next step? Tune up?

Last edited:

Tigrcky

After scanning I pulled 3 codes. :grayno:

P0303, P0300, P0304.

All related to cylinder misfires. I cleared all three and I'm waiting to see if they return before I drop any serious cash.

Next step? Tune up?

Compression test, rule out a head gasket also could be bad coil packs or even crankshaft position sensor

Hack12

Compression test, rule out a head gasket also could be bad coil packs or even crankshaft position sensor

OK thanks. I'm gonna wait to see if it throws the codes again or if it was just a one time thing before I drop it off.

Could it be related to the heat soak issue these things are famous for?

Tigrcky

OK thanks. I'm gonna wait to see if it throws the codes again or if it was just a one time thing before I drop it off.

Could it be related to the heat soak issue these things are famous for?

I've been told that's a loss of fuel pressure after its shut off

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Looking good with the snow accents!

My kids have school cancelled already.

We'll see...how much ice is the question mark on Aquidneck island.

Hack12

Looking good with the snow accents!

My kids have school cancelled already.

We'll see...how much ice is the question mark on Aquidneck island.

Yep, my daughter already has the day off tomorrow too. This has been one strange winter for sure. Not a flake through the holidays and most of January and then we get relentlessly pounded with no end in sight. :crazyeyes:

fhritp33

I didn't know they let Jeeps this old on the forum.. Is that an original Willy Jeep from World War II? Was Patton in that Jeep too?

Top Bottom