Grapplers: Trail or Ridge?

LasVegasJK

I'm going to be purchasing new 35s this week, but can't decide on which to get.
Has anyone ran both of them? How are the Trails on snow/ice? Ridges better on road manners?
I'm on pavement 80% which pushes me towards the less aggressive Ridge.
Open to other tire choice selections also.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The trail grapplers are a great tire, I've ran them before in a 35 and wouldn't hesitate to do so again, and I know that many will say the same.

That being said, the Ridge Grappler definitely has caught my eye. It looks like an aggressive tire with some decent road manners. Who knows, it might be my next one. :)

I'm running the trail grapplers now and I can't complain about anything. On ice they are pretty good, then again where I live they pour out pounds and pounds of salt and sand

Run the Trail Grapplers and don't have any complaints really. Thinking about several different tires when I go to 37s and the Trail Grapplers and Ridge Grapplers are both on my list. I'm leaning more towards an aggressive AT maybe. But not ruling out the MTs yet. Just drive a lot more on the road than offroad.

MTs in general will be worse on ice compared to an AT.

I run the ridge grappler in 285/75R17 load rating C. Amazed to be honest. If snow and ice is a concern then seriously look at these. They are awesome in the wet stuff and dry and dusty and muddy also quite aggressive in the looks department and have a different rubber compound that the TG, it's the same as the EXO Grappler. Just my 2 cents

I run the ridge grappler in 285/75R17 load rating C. Amazed to be honest. If snow and ice is a concern then seriously look at these. They are awesome in the wet stuff and dry and dusty and muddy also quite aggressive in the looks department and have a different rubber compound that the TG, it's the same as the EXO Grappler. Just my 2 cents

I'm leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers. I live in Southern Nevada, so at the moment, snow/ice isn't an issue. However, if I decide to travel through snow/ice states during winter, I want to be sure I have the tire for the job.
Have you had them on any rocks?

I'm leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers. I live in Southern Nevada, so at the moment, snow/ice isn't an issue. However, if I decide to travel through snow/ice states during winter, I want to be sure I have the tire for the job.
Have you had them on any rocks?

I have not had them rocks but have read reviews of them having a ton of traction but can also read that Elvis is still alive... I can say the rubber compound is like nothing I've ever seen before doesn't get hard in the cold or soft in the heat.

haven't had my ridge grapplers long but so far I'm very impressed. Seem to do real well on snow and ice. At least real well for a large tire.

I'd second the vote to check out the coopers too. I love these tires, they are priced right and do everything well.

Top Bottom