GraniteCrystal build thread

Rb1boxer_3

I used the 6 tons from harbor freight when I did mine and it was full droop. Next time I'm getting 12 Tons from work just to put it a Lil higher. My hands and knees were hurting.

anviljk

Hey man if you need to borrow a set let me know I can probably meet up and let you borrow my bigger ones

GraniteCrystal

Hey man if you need to borrow a set let me know I can probably meet up and let you borrow my bigger ones

Actually, I'd take you up on that. Wife works this weekend so I have time on my hands and would love to get the BB done. What town are you in? I'm in Applewood.

GraniteCrystal

OK, first issue. Is it normal for sway bar links to not be straight? Both sides are tilted left like this.

EDIT: maybe because I jacked up the one side before jacking up the second side?

Attachments

• 1467492198976.jpg
    1467492198976.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 224

GraniteCrystal

Springs removed! Also, good way to get more distance on brake lines is to just undo this 10mm bolt

Attachments

• 1467496340070.jpg
    1467496340070.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 1467496385186.jpg
    1467496385186.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 228

GraniteCrystal

Took a couple hour break. Back on it. Kit didn't come with washers so I'm widening the hole in existing.

Attachments

• 1467513641976.jpg
    1467513641976.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 226

Petzl88

Great job so far! If you're having trouble getting the springs back in with the new coil spacers, then remove the axle side track bar bolt and then the axle will fall to the floor. The track bar is the droop limiter at that point. Keep it up!

Edit: never mind. I see you have them back in!

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Great job so far! If you're having trouble getting the springs back in with the new coil spacers, then remove the axle side track bar bolt and then the axle will fall to the floor. The track bar is the droop limiter at that point. Keep it up!

Edit: never mind. I see you have them back in!

Thanks. Yeah, that was a pain in the butt. Now I'm wondering if the spacing on my bump stops looks correct.

GraniteCrystal

OK, got the front end all put together except for sway bar links that will come from back end tomorrow. Looks good except my bump stop on the passenger side is about 1/4" away from the bottom. Drivers side is about an inch. Ideas anyone? See previous post for pic.

I tried raising it up on the left to see if it'd pop in more but no luck.

Attachments

• 1467529928869.jpg
    1467529928869.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 229
I've never installed a teraflex BB but it looks like the spacer extended the bump stop so maybe it's suppose to be that close? I don't see any other reason that would make it that low.
Throwing an idea, could the spring be upside down?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
OK, got the front end all put together except for sway bar links that will come from back end tomorrow. Looks good except my bump stop on the passenger side is about 1/4" away from the bottom. Drivers side is about an inch. Ideas anyone? See previous post for pic.

I tried raising it up on the left to see if it'd pop in more but no luck.

Did you do this (block of wood thing):
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467549399.971353.jpg

Petzl88

Measure the distance from the axle bump pad to the bottom of the black Teraflex bump stop extension. It looks like it may not be fully seated or the yellow jounce stop may not be fully seated.

Top Bottom