Granite Rubicon Build

Havoc40

Should be getting out this weekend for some wheeling. Can't wait! Only update I have is my tail lights showed up this afternoon, along with some recovery gear. Things are insane bright

20151026_203439.jpg

Just the running lights!
20151026_202959.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc40

Finally had some time to put my inner fenders back in and wire up the Warn power interrupt. As I went to take off the positive wire from the terminal, to place on the relay, I realized the terminal was loose. Went to tighten it and the nut barely budged....as the stud snapped :mad:. Probably going to order a different terminal, but this Auto Zone special worked in a pinch. Anybody else had this issue?

20151030_210123.jpg

20151030_214440.jpg

Last edited:

CCTX50

Very nice build. Was looking at your Jeep when you only had the factory tires on it and the LOD rear bumper. Was there any lift on the Jeep at that time or still all factory. I am looking at putting on a LOD shorty rear bumper soon and was wondering. Great build though!!!

Havoc40

Very nice build. Was looking at your Jeep when you only had the factory tires on it and the LOD rear bumper. Was there any lift on the Jeep at that time or still all factory. I am looking at putting on a LOD shorty rear bumper soon and was wondering. Great build though!!!

Suspension was all stock. I just cut the fenders. I personally didn't like the look of full fenders with stubby bumpers.

Everytime I see this thread, I wish that I had got this color! [emoji30]

It really is an awesome color! I'm happy I ended up with this vs. Copperhead that I planned on ordering. Your rig looks awesome, though!

Nice build!

Thank you!!

Looking awesome. Add me to the list of fellow Granite Crystal owners who are about 4 years and $15k behind you :)

Thanks! Haha I know how that goes. I lurked on these pages for years wanting a Jeep and saved my pennies driving beaters. Wish it was only 15k, though lol

Havoc40

Not much to update here. This time of year is insane for me. I work in the performance automotive world and with SEMA, PRI, and race season rebuilds it's super hectic. I do have some PAC springs I'm going to play with in 25lb increments. My only real gripe with the current coilover set-up is the rear bottoming out. I've had coilovers for years and playing with these things is the main reason I went this route anyway. I'll also be playing with shims in the future as well.

I'm getting closer to having my LS engine built for this. Saving for axles has become a priority. If only I could quit buying tools, I'd be in good shape!

Last edited:

Havoc40

Haven't done a whole lot to the Jeep besides normal maintenance. My original paint job on the skins didn't hold out so well with salt. The countersink was rusting, so I decided to have those powder coated. I did finally get my CB installed, hinge sleeves replaced, and working on a new exhaust. I'm shocked how bad my factory hinges were after basically 1 winter. Pain in the ass job!! My new Dynomax quiet crawler should be here this afternoon :D.

Next will be cage, gears, and ram assist.

20160128_205224.jpg
20160130_010707.jpg
20160130_010842.jpg
20160304_183702.jpg
20160304_185857.jpg
20160304_193912.jpg
20160303_182338.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc40

Installed the exhaust system, and had a break in the weather to go topless for a day then install my new twill supertop nx. I'm really pleased with the Dynomax system! Quiet but, still has a nice rumble to it.

20160309_204423.jpg
20160309_204348.jpg
20160312_161626.jpg
20160312_213241.jpg

(I'll rotate the top pics tomorrow on my computer)

Brod

Installed the exhaust system, and had a break in the weather to go topless for a day then install my new twill supertop nx. I'm really pleased with the Dynomax system! Quiet but, still has a nice rumble to it.

View attachment 192720
View attachment 192719
View attachment 192716
View attachment 192717

(I'll rotate the top pics tomorrow on my computer)

Rig looks amazing keep up the good work !

How do you like your CB and the mounting location ? I'm about to do the same set up.

What antenna did you decide to go with ?

Havoc40

Rig looks amazing keep up the good work !

How do you like your CB and the mounting location ? I'm about to do the same set up.

What antenna did you decide to go with ?

Thanks! The CB mount is the cheap rugged ridge deal, which I don't like at all. It's just too flimsy for my liking. I bought it as a temporary solution while I'm waiting to install my cage. As far as the location goes I have no complaints. If you're using a full size CB it's where I prefer it. I'm using a 4ft firestick II.

Havoc40

Built this to hang my doors using the ACE mounts. Still have to paint it. The doors stack, with the rears closest to the wall. Don't mind the 70's paneling :cheesy: my attached garage hasn't made it to the remodel phase.

20160318_194750.jpg
20160318_194739.jpg

Havoc40

Small update. Haven't been on here or done much to the Jeep lately. Too busy with other people's projects, and working like crazy. I did however buy a hard rock hood, and some Ace inner fenders. The hood will go to paint next week. Just started on the inners, as they take quite a bit of cutting to work with coilovers. More pics coming soon!

SnipImage-20160926-114429822.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom