Grand Tetons- Need Advice

Flyer

Pretty sure we will head to the Grand Tetons in early August with some friends. They have Jeeps but are also into photography, hiking, kayaking. I am not sure if there are any accessible 4x4 trails there, but I though I'd post here to see if anyone has been and what you guys would recommend doing there...besides soaking in the incredible scenery. We are all pretty fit and can handle almost anything normal except for technical rock climbing or I-can-die rapids. I will be using my friend (Google) but would be nice to get any personal feedback here.

I haven't been to the Grand Tetons, but I have spent some time in the Bridger Tetons which are not too far away. The Wind River Range is beautiful and worth the trip. Google "Cirque of the Towers". Just a thought.

Thanks, I will make a list of things to see and do. I appreciate the feedback and Googled it. That area you mention is quite beautiful...will look for mtn biking or hiking trails there. I definitely want to kayak or raft Snake River but there is so much to see there. It looks even more stunning than southwestern Colorado.

Thanks, I will make a list of things to see and do. I appreciate the feedback and Googled it. That area you mention is quite beautiful...will look for mtn biking or hiking trails there. I definitely want to kayak or raft Snake River but there is so much to see there. It looks even more stunning than southwestern Colorado.

One year I spent 14 days horse packing near the cirque. A few years later I spent a week hiking in the same area. There is a lot to do and see. General mountaineering knowledge is certainly advisable because help is a long ways away. Plus, you can get significant snow in June (I did on both trips.) The fly fishing was amazing in some of the high lakes and streams.

If you plan on hitting the Wind River Range, get in touch with NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School). They may be able to give you some advice as to trail conditions and the like.

Last edited:
will call them on Monday. I plan on making sure nobody gets in over their heads, and we just enjoy the area with no trace.

Top Bottom