Got $$ burning a whole in my pocket!

astros3111

So I have been taking the 2021 Jeep Willys 4 door sport that is on a JKS 2.5in with 35s (v6 auto) on a few road trips and have taken it on a few rock climbing trails. A few other buddies that tagged along were both in rubicons and smoked me on a few trails.

With this jeep, I am wanting to build a rocklander/overlander. I want to be able to drive this thing 1500 miles and tackle anything in its path ahaha! Local jeep shop recommended the below options:

- Swap out both axles to UD 60s, 37s, regear to 5:13, air locker front and back
- Swap out front dana 30 to UD 44, leave dana 44 on the rear, 37s, regear to 4:88, electronic locker up front, and leave the limited-slip in the rear
- buy a new rubicon... lol

I know one of these options is going to be insanely expensive but cry once and do it right? Looking to get y'alls opinion on what the best setup would be.

JT@623

Hooked
No worries your pockets will be empty soon.
Why not do UD 60’s front and rear 5:38 gears and jump to 40’s not much difference price wise ?
New rubicon’s aren’t cheap either .

CalSgt

Hooked
So I have been taking the 2021 Jeep Willys 4 door sport that is on a JKS 2.5in with 35s (v6 auto) on a few road trips and have taken it on a few rock climbing trails. A few other buddies that tagged along were both in rubicons and smoked me on a few trails.

With this jeep, I am wanting to build a rocklander/overlander. I want to be able to drive this thing 1500 miles and tackle anything in its path ahaha! Local jeep shop recommended the below options:

- Swap out both axles to UD 60s, 37s, regear to 5:13, air locker front and back
- Swap out front dana 30 to UD 44, leave dana 44 on the rear, 37s, regear to 4:88, electronic locker up front, and leave the limited-slip in the rear
- buy a new rubicon... lol

I know one of these options is going to be insanely expensive but cry once and do it right? Looking to get y'alls opinion on what the best setup would be.
If you want to go all out just do it....

Another option would be find some take off stock Rubicon 44's + regear & run 37's

Dealerships are giving fantastic deals on trade ins right now, one of my staff just traded in her JT with 25K miles for what she paid for it when they came out also traded her 2500 Ram diesel with 18K on it for more than she paid for it. So now she has a brand new JT & Ram 3500 with almost no money lost.

astros3111

If you want to go all out just do it....

Another option would be find some take off stock Rubicon 44's + regear & run 37's

Dealerships are giving fantastic deals on trade ins right now, one of my staff just traded in her JT with 25K miles for what she paid for it when they came out also traded her 2500 Ram diesel with 18K on it for more than she paid for it. So now she has a brand new JT & Ram 3500 with almost no money lost.
Didn’t even think about finding rubicon axle take offs! That might work even better.

vxskaxv

Rubitrux.com has the rubicon Dana 44 take offs for sale. But it’s actually not as easy as just buying the take offs. Lots more stuff will be needed to make it work. If keeping your current vehicle is only option, then go aftermarket 44’s front and rear and air lockers on both and call it good. Keep it simple yet functional for real usage, not possible usage.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Rubitrux.com has the rubicon Dana 44 take offs for sale. But it’s actually not as easy as just buying the take offs. Lots more stuff will be needed to make it work. If keeping your current vehicle is only option, then go aftermarket 44’s front and rear and air lockers on both and call it good. Keep it simple yet functional for real usage, not possible usage.
So you joined four years ago and have made your first six posts ever in the last hour? Let me guess, you’ve decided to sell something and just realized you can’t with your post count.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How is it any more work swapping in takeoff axles than aftermarket? It’s literally the same thing.

astros3111

Thank you for all the ideas fellas. I somehow got lucky and my local shop had a set of 2021 rubicon axles off of a build and I picked them up for $4k for the set. Going to go with 5:13s and am now on the hunt for 37s.

Top Bottom