Gopro life!

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone! I've been mudding and trail riding a few times now and i've always wanted to get it on film. I've wanted to get a gopro for awhile now and I'm going to the sports store in a bit to go get my new gopro! A group of friends and i are going mudding this weekend so i'll be filming it on the gopro. Who else on the forum had and uses a gopro or is going to get one soon to film their offroad adventures like i will be doing? Also what mounts do y'all have and where do you mount your camera on the jeep? I'm going to get a roll bar mount and mount it somewhere on the roll cage and when i get my stinger i may mount it on the stinger a few times

thardy

Banned
I use them all the time. I have a few of them. Let me know if you have any questions on settings or anything.

I've been trying to figure out some of the better positions to mount them and what settings to use. What are your preferred locations and settings for video while on the trail?

I've been trying to figure out some of the better positions to mount them and what settings to use. What are your preferred locations and settings for video while on the trail?

Well as far as settings that's dependent on the day. It also depends on which model you have. The big thing to stay away from us using a bunch of extension if possible. That's going to make your video shake. I don't really video much from my jeep I usually set it up on a rock or somewhere as people drive by. You typically have to do a lot of post editing when shot from the jeep to get rid of the roller coaster feeling.

I typically shoot in 1440p and 60 frames per second with protune on. This allows me to crop my video as needed but keep 1080. If I'm going to be videoing a setting that doesn't have a lot moving besides the jeeps I use 4k. This allows me tons of cropping power but I also get great screenshots for pictures.

My best advice is to sit in one place with your camera and take 10 second clips with each setting and compare them. An easy way to remember which settings they are is just say them while its recording so you don't get them mixed up.

thardy

Banned
Well as far as settings that's dependent on the day. It also depends on which model you have. The big thing to stay away from us using a bunch of extension if possible. That's going to make your video shake. I don't really video much from my jeep I usually set it up on a rock or somewhere as people drive by. You typically have to do a lot of post editing when shot from the jeep to get rid of the roller coaster feeling.

I typically shoot in 1440p and 60 frames per second with protune on. This allows me to crop my video as needed but keep 1080. If I'm going to be videoing a setting that doesn't have a lot moving besides the jeeps I use 4k. This allows me tons of cropping power but I also get great screenshots for pictures.

My best advice is to sit in one place with your camera and take 10 second clips with each setting and compare them. An easy way to remember which settings they are is just say them while its recording so you don't get them mixed up.

Thanks for the tips. I've got a 3+ that I've had for a little over a year now and haven't really used it too much other than strapping it on a helmet for go kart racing and to my RC drift car.

Thanks for the tips. I've got a 3+ that I've had for a little over a year now and haven't really used it too much other than strapping it on a helmet for go kart racing and to my RC drift car.

You should try some 720p at 240fps with Protune set to auto. Throw it in some editing software and do some nice slow-mo with a soft filter. It would look sweet.

Top Bottom