Going through withdrawl

jhires

Many years ago I wheeled (and destroyed) an XJ, followed by an Early Bronco (sold, not destroyed). Then life got in the way and had to liquidate pretty much everything including tools and toys (she really meant it when she said she wanted 1/2). After that came the recently divorced 300zx sportscar, followed by the economy car when I found myself being a single parent. I've since dug myself back out of the hole, married my grade school sweetheart (we've been married almost 3 years, known each other close to 35 years).

I purchased a hemi powered Cherokee about three years ago as the family wagon. When my sweetheart and I married she brought a TJ into the relationship. But bills, economy, layoffs, and now supporting 5 kids, 1 grandkid, and two parents, we sold it to help feed everyone.

Now things are starting to balance out and as the kids all begin to find their own way in life, my sweetheart and I are looking at spending more time on ourselves. Doing a bit of that adventuring we always said we would do, and get back to the environment we grew up in. Looks like an unlimited is in the books either late this year or early next.

Jesse

welcome back to the fold. whats that old saying? one you go jeep you can leave but you always come back..... or something to that effect

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear you're back and welcome aboard! Lots of friendly and informed folks here to make your re-entry loads of fun.:yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

Sounds like you've been through a lot...you need a jeep. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

Sounds like you've been through a lot...you need a jeep. :thumb:

Agreed! What are you thinking about getting? New, used, jk, tj, ect.?
Just went thru 7 months without one and it sucked!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

jhires

Agreed! What are you thinking about getting? New, used, jk, tj, ect.?
Just went thru 7 months without one and it sucked!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

We are actually planning on getting two rigs. First up will be a TJ. That one is my wife's choice. They are plentiful and cheap. It's also easy enough to find a good condition used TJ that has never seen the dirt. Our last TJ fit the bill perfectly for our regular day or weekend trips. Nothing like waking up to a sunny day, taking the top and doors off and hitting the road. Exploring some back country and generally having no goal in mind. Most memorable trip we've had in recent times was just such a trip. Including getting pulled over by a WSP somewhere in north central Washington for no mirrors, who then told us how he took care of the problem on his CJ7. Told her I didn't care about anything else other than it had a 6cyl instead of a 4, and of course that it is a 4x4 (saw a jk unlimited recently that was 4x2?!?!)

Next up will be a JK Unlimited. This one is my choice. I hated them when they came out, but the more I saw them the more I wanted one. The four doors and extended wheelbase really appeal to me. That is going to happen next year. The plans for that rig are going to be the extended trips, family outings, ski trips, camping, and some of the more hard core offroad and/or extended adventures where you need more room than the standard wrangler. I'm thinking Gecko Green. I'm quite inspired by Rubicat performs and am looking forward to building it out.

--Jesse

StrizzyChris

Told her I didn't care about anything else other than it had a 6cyl instead of a 4, and of course that it is a 4x4 (saw a jk unlimited recently that was 4x2?!?!)

If she is getting a pre-2007 wrangler, then you have nothing to worry about. The JK was the first 4x2 and i think that only ran through 2010. :thinking: I was ticked to find this out for the first time a couple years ago when i found a smokin deal on a jk and drove 2 hours to get it only to not find a transfer case knob! :gaah:
Gecko is a fun color that looks even better with the top and doors off :thumb:

Top Bottom