Glitches in Rubicon 2020

Robert Lowenthal

Driving sensors go on and stay on not all the time, yellow arrows on side mirrors. sun visors fall out of mounting supports out of the blue. Passenger side mirror now doesn’t more.

CalSgt

Hooked
Driving sensors go on and stay on not all the time, yellow arrows on side mirrors. sun visors fall out of mounting supports out of the blue. Passenger side mirror now doesn’t more.
There are sensors in the tail lights and maybe the mirrors, not totally sure about the mirrors though.

If there is anything touching or blocking them like snow, Ice, mud, they will freak out. Mine don't even like the water spraying off of my wide tires during rain storms.

Also, if there is an issue with the mirror that may be a red flag of where your sensor problem is coming from. I'd start by unplugging both door harnesses and inspecting them. Make sure none of the pins inside the connector are bent over, missing, or damaged, there should be a pin or receptacle at every spot there is a corresponding wire, broken pins are often found till stuck in the receptacle on the other side. Also check for corrosion and debris in the plugs.

It is common for wires to break where they are crimped to the pins inside harness plugs, I'd bet the jeep door plugs are good candidates for this because they get unplugged by people that have no mechanical ability or understanding. These kind of folks often pull on the harness instead of the plug and sometimes use brute force trying to get them apart. They get disconnected every time to remove the doors which is far more often than most automotive connections ever get handled. Gently pull on each individual wire where they go into the back of the plug, totally broken wires are obvious but they can be partially broken too. Partially broken wires may feel stretchy, loose or just not as solid as the rest of the wires in the plug.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom