Gladiator Sales Report (and others)

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, there's some vital information missing to make an accurate comparison.

We'd need TOTAL UNITS PRODUCED per quarter for each quarter. Then you can look at total units sold per quarter for each quarter. Then also the both sides of the YTD numbers.

If production of units is down X% then the sales number actually has to be adjusted to get a true number.
Same if the production number is higher.

Then you had the buying frenzy caused by the Scamdemic, if it was on the lot new, it was bought. Didn't matter if it was wanted or not.
2022 sales numbers need to be tossed out across the board.

=/=

Okay, there's some vital information missing to make an accurate comparison.

We'd need TOTAL UNITS PRODUCED per quarter for each quarter. Then you can look at total units sold per quarter for each quarter. Then also the both sides of the YTD numbers.

If production of units is down X% then the sales number actually has to be adjusted to get a true number.
Same if the production number is higher.

Then you had the buying frenzy caused by the Scamdemic, if it was on the lot new, it was bought. Didn't matter if it was wanted or not.
2022 sales numbers need to be tossed out across the board.
I think its a fairly confident assertion to state that the gladiators are not selling well if the sales numbers are down AND they're offering very large discounts. There could be other factors but this is definitely a prevailing perception.

kevman65

Hooked
I think its a fairly confident assertion to state that the gladiators are not selling well if the sales numbers are down AND they're offering very large discounts. There could be other factors but this is definitely a prevailing perception.
And I would say it's fairly certain it's inflation and uncertainty about ones future that's causing all truck sales to be down and offering large discounts.

It's not just Jeep.

kevman65

Hooked
None the less, demand is dropping.
Yes, EVERYWHERE. You can't expect a niche vehicle to out distance sales expectations when the ENTIRE market is depressed.

I get tired of the naysayers that want to focus on a statistic that isn't backed up with the full set of qualifiers and start sounding the death knells.
The entire market is depressed, along with almost all other major markets, we're heading to a depression/recession and people aren't spending on big ticket items. At this point it's not about popularity, it's about survival. People aren't going to buy a new vehicle unless it's an absolute necessity.

=/=

Yes, EVERYWHERE. You can't expect a niche vehicle to out distance sales expectations when the ENTIRE market is depressed.

I get tired of the naysayers that want to focus on a statistic that isn't backed up with the full set of qualifiers and start sounding the death knells.
The entire market is depressed, along with almost all other major markets, we're heading to a depression/recession and people aren't spending on big ticket items. At this point it's not about popularity, it's about survival. People aren't going to buy a new vehicle unless it's an absolute necessity.
You were talking about normalizing against units produced. I pointed out that prices were being cut, indicating demand was dropping beyond trends. That's the only point I'm debating. The whole market is hosed, that is not really debatable.

I do want prices to fall, because I'll very likely buy a wrangler to match the gladiator.

Top Bottom