Gladiator Mojave lift options

LVMohave

I have a 2023 Mojave - with 2" AEV lift. Tires are Nitto ridge Grappler 38x12.5r17....I was wondering if I can lift the truck another 1" or 2" more without having to change shocks or do major changes. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a 2023 Mojave - with 2" AEV lift. Tires are Nitto ridge Grappler 38x12.5r17....I was wondering if I can lift the truck another 1" or 2" more without having to change shocks or do major changes. Thoughts?
What is specifically meant by 2" AEV lift? What comes with it?

ok, appreciate that, but what exactly would you recommend? (exact springs and shock extensions)
Your current kit already has shock extensions so going higher will most likely require a change in shocks if you want to get full travel. But yes taller coils would work for more lift. Of course keep in mind, the higher you go, you will have to address other areas that will need to be changed as well such as adjustable control arms and track bars. AEV kit is mainly a simple way to achieve a lift while keeping the stock suspension components.

LVMohave

Your current kit already has shock extensions so going higher will most likely require a change in shocks if you want to get full travel. But yes taller coils would work for more lift. Of course keep in mind, the higher you go, you will have to address other areas that will need to be changed as well such as adjustable control arms and track bars. AEV kit is mainly a simple way to achieve a lift while keeping the stock suspension components.
appreciate the reply. this is all NEW to me!

Bear_JT

Hooked
True! As the hight goes up there are a lot of other things needed to make adjustments and to help keep things in order.

I was also wondering about the current rub situation with the lift height and tire size.

LVMohave

We all started somewhere! How much are you rubbing now with the 38's and the AEV lift?
I haven't noticed any rubbing at all while driving on the 38's. I recently had the 38's added on the truck, I havent been offroad yet with the tires. I have a stubby front bumper which most likely helps in the front. I also DO get into 8th gear on the freeway at 70 mph. I realize in the near future I probably should regear to maybe 4.88, etc...I also plan to do the fender delete next week with the Quake LEDs.

I'll have to check while truck is idling and turn wheels side to side.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any rubbing at all while driving on the 38's. I recently had the 38's added on the truck, I havent been offroad yet with the tires. I have a stubby front bumper which most likely helps in the front. I also DO get into 8th gear on the freeway at 70 mph. I realize in the near future I probably should regear to maybe 4.88, etc...I also plan to do the fender delete next week with the Quake LEDs.

I'll have to check while truck is idling and turn wheels side to side.
I ask because if everything is clearing and working good, just run it as is until you decide on long term lift and shocks so you aren’t having to buy stuff twice.

LVMohave

I ask because if everything is clearing and working good, just run it as is until you decide on long term lift and shocks so you aren’t having to buy stuff twice.
Good advice- thank you to everyone that replied. I was really looking (hoping) to just change springs and get another 1"-1.5" from the switch, but I guess it's not that easy (a lot of things I'm not well versed on)

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Good advice- thank you to everyone that replied. I was really looking (hoping) to just change springs and get another 1"-1.5" from the switch, but I guess it's not that easy (a lot of things I'm not well versed on)
I did synergy 2 in springs with shock extension, and 37s. Clean set up, got a little more out of the suspension than the stock set up, and they paired nicely with the shock too. But 2 inches is enough for most things, only time I ever really got hung up was going up as ledge on the NY run that year, but it wouldn’t have made a difference, I needed a front locker rather than more lift. Mojave is a great set up, just run it till those socks are toast

Top Bottom