Gecko JKUR Bruiser Cummins Turbo Diesel Build

Yeah. But i highly doubt my stock tranny will hold up to all of the power that the diesel will produce when i have all the turbos and stuff on it

You wont get much more power out of the 4bt than what your getting out of the 3.6. You will get more torque though and I believe the auto behind the 3.6 is the same as the ones behind the hemi. Least thats what Ive heard but could be wrong. So it could be built to handle the torque. Though I personally wouldnt run an auto behind a cummins, especially a built cummins. Seen too many of them fail, even behind stock motors.

You wont get much more power out of the 4bt than what your getting out of the 3.6. You will get more torque though and I believe the auto behind the 3.6 is the same as the ones behind the hemi. Least thats what Ive heard but could be wrong. So it could be built to handle the torque. Though I personally wouldnt run an auto behind a cummins, especially a built cummins. Seen too many of them fail, even behind stock motors.

Yeah my stock tranny failed a few months after i bought it used two years ago tomorrow. I bought it with 44,600 something miles and it failed mid-December that same year at 50-55k. I've been wanting to put a stick in mine since my parents bought it for me for my 17th birthday which was two years ago tomorrow as well but don't have the money to put into it yet. It's a hell of a lot of money for a guy starting college next year

It's actually not a 4BT. It is the common rail ISF 3.8L. Makes 300 hp and 512 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels. A stock 4BT makes 107 hp and 360 ft/lbs. The stock transmission that is paired to the 3.6 is the Mercedes Benz W5A580 5 speed auto. It is an extremely strong transmission that was also used in the Twin Turbo V12 Mercedes's that put out 600+ ft/lbs of torque. It was also used in the SRT8 Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, and Dodge Charger. It was also paired up to the CRD engine in the Sprinter van. It is an extremely strong transmission, and with Bruiser Conversions' torque converter and bell housing conversion, the transmission can easily handle 800+ ft/lbs of torque.

It's actually not a 4BT. It is the common rail ISF 3.8L. Makes 300 hp and 512 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels. A stock 4BT makes 107 hp and 360 ft/lbs. The stock transmission that is paired to the 3.6 is the Mercedes Benz W5A580 5 speed auto. It is an extremely strong transmission that was also used in the Twin Turbo V12 Mercedes's that put out 600+ ft/lbs of torque. It was also used in the SRT8 Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, and Dodge Charger. It was also paired up to the CRD engine in the Sprinter van. It is an extremely strong transmission, and with Bruiser Conversions' torque converter and bell housing conversion, the transmission can easily handle 800+ ft/lbs of torque.

Great choice!

I didnt say yours was a 4bt.

:eek:Damn sexy! I will be doing this when I blow my motor or run my warranty out. How much did the built cummins run you? Those look like some sweet parts, do you know what parts went into it?

That is an awesome rig!

Nice job putting it together.

Are you really getting 30mpg with the turbo diesel?

That would convince me to go that route over a LS conversion.

Top Bottom