Gang up on Tera-?

bOLsAK3

I haven't been on this site for too long and I've noticed a lot of ganging up on Teraflex here. My experience with the company has been great so of course it leaves me wondering what I've missed since there seems to be quite a few negative remarks and cheap shots floating around here. Can someone please bring me up to date as to what I've missed?!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Cheap Chinese junk that breaks, poor quality, design and customer service.

Customer service is good, they do send replacements when their junk breaks. Hell the use to send Eddie boxes of replacement joints for him to use fir terabreaks on trail rides

They just won't admit fault and fix the bad designs

10frank9

Web Wheeler
No ill will against Teraflex other then they make junk. Their coils are stiff, their joints are crap, their welds are sub-par and their tire carrier is a joke.

Like has already been said they will be quick to warranty their crap, but in my opinion, the best warranty is the one you don't have to use.

ttfhell

Bushings that don't last. Thin metal on their brackets. Stiff ass coils (subjective). LCG pre-runner kit that can't pre-run a flat wash (see their own video)

bOLsAK3

Cheap Chinese junk that breaks, poor quality, design and customer service.

First off its pretty well known that I'm a HUGE "made in USA" advocate. From my Redwing Picos, the socks that go into them, all the way to my Hanks Surplus hat. So if what you're saying is true (which currently I have yet to do research that statement) I can certainly understand the rants about products being "cheap". IMHO Chinese products have always been sub paar. But again I don't know if this is or isn't true.

bOLsAK3

Customer service is good, they do send replacements when their junk breaks. Hell the use to send Eddie boxes of replacement joints for him to use fir terabreaks on trail rides

They just won't admit fault and fix the bad designs

Interested info

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
First off its pretty well known that I'm a HUGE "made in USA" advocate. From my Redwing Picos, the socks that go into them, all the way to my Hanks Surplus hat. So if what you're saying is true (which currently I have yet to do research that statement) I can certainly understand the rants about products being "cheap". IMHO Chinese products have always been sub paar. But again I don't know if this is or isn't true.

How is this "well know" that you like certain things? I don't know who you are. Am I missing something?

mackey

My last 12 JKUR was a Teraflex build. I had their LCG Pre Runner long arm. This is what I can tell you. The ride was stiff as can be. My wife hated it. I wasn't happy at all. The long arm brackets stick out a lot. I kept getting rocks caught on them. I paid a lot for their Teraflex Speed bump stops which were nothing but a foam filling. I felt every bump I hit. Their customer service was ok. They did send me a new long arm after I bent it within six months of having it. Over all I give them two thumbs down. Their title of Pre Runner LCG long arm kit is BS. When I think Pre Runner, I think flying through the desert. This thing could not handle any whoops at all. That is my experience. I sold that jeep and will be building a EVO built rig. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426545562.533326.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426545094.190166.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I would certainly do that. I too pride myself in putting all (or as many as possible) US parts on my Jeep. I'm not hanging Chinese crap on the most Iconic American vehicle made. Teraflex is made I China. Nothing wrong with that if that's what somebody wants. My issue is they ask a premium for their Chinese crap. For the prices they ask, Id rather support USA companies who still make their stuff in the USA and is made by Americans (hence all the EVO, Full Metal Fabworks, JKS, etc on my Jeep). Their springs are extremely stiff (personal experience) and when stuff breaks, sure they replace it, but they blame it on install error. I cannot and will not support a company that blames breaks on their customers rather than recognize their designs, quality of workmanship and sub par materials are at fault and fix them. Maybe one day they will start making their stuff in the USA, fix their designs, spring rates and materials. Then I might not have an issue with them. Until then, as OLRAM30 put it, cheap Chinese crap that breaks. No ganging up on them, just verifiable facts.

bOLsAK3

How is this "well know" that you like certain things? I don't know who you are. Am I missing something?

That reference is in regards to those that do know me, past and present. In the past I was a part of the Jk-forum team of contributing members and lead a regional section of the forum with a few of these guys who are still around helping out as well. I've pretty much been around since the JK was conceived whether it be active or lurking. Don't read too much into the whole "well known" thing, I suppose the meaning could be up to interpretation. So that being said, let's keep it on subject if possible.

olram30

That reference is in regards to those that do know me, past and present. In the past I was a part of the Jk-forum team of contributing members and lead a regional section of the forum with a few of these guys who are still around helping out as well. I've pretty much been around since the JK was conceived whether it be active or lurking. Don't read too much into the whole "well known" thing, I suppose the meaning could be up to interpretation. So that being said, let's keep it on subject if possible.

Lol, I'm keeping it on topic. I don't know you from Adam, past or present. Don't really care if you posted on another forum. I must have missed the memo that you are somebody special.

mackey

Bro if your truly interested in their build, hit me up on PM. I spent a lot of money on their Pre Runner kit and was completely disappointed. Not to add I wish I spent my money on American made parts. But putting that aside, their build has several issues, poor welds and I am lucky I was able to make it off the trail. Learn from my mistakes.

bOLsAK3

Lol, I'm keeping it on topic. I don't know you from Adam, past or present. Don't really care if you posted on another forum. I must have missed the memo that you are somebody special.

Right... You've made your point twice now for whatever reason.

olram30

Right... You've made your point twice now for whatever reason.

Lol, you're the one bragging about how you've been around and on other forums since the jk was "conceived". I get that your a chinaflex fanboy, nothing wrong with that. Like I said, I don't know you or who you are on here.

ttfhell

It makes you do sick rolls son!

They show a side by side comparison at about 15mph and it looks identical to stock. They also get hammered in that wash before the 18" weed rolls them over. Hilarious. This comes from a guy that ran their stuff for a year too.

Top Bottom