FYI: My poor experience regarding 4WD.COM online parts warehouse

Jeeper62

4WD.Com (4 wheel hardware)

Stumbled upon 4WD.COM and based on the site and its prices decided to try it a couple of times. Yet, my experience has been less than desirable. Buyer beware, but I will NEVER deal with them again.... ever.

The good:
1. Prices are very good.
2. The items I received were as described.
3. Website looks nice.

The bad:
1. Customer service is the worst ever!! If and when I get through, agent is either rude or does not follow through with what they tell me. (More too follow.)
2. Have called numerous times and for the sake of multi tasking, I have been on hold several times now for TRULY over 45 minutes. Average wait 30 minutes.
3. Have been disconnected multiple times from customer service.
4. Have been told only 3 agents working.
5. Have had 2 agents who stated that they would email me details (about my order) the next day and not follow through... nothing.
6. Spoke directly to a manager after working hard to get a # who said he would give me a $20 gift card in mail for my troubles. (WOW! lol) Just want my products. It never came anyway.. but product eventually did from Canada!!
7. Shipping has taken up to 3-4 weeks on some items listed as in stock.
8. Advertised "Chat" customer service rarely available.
9. Fine with manufacturer drop ship but tell the customers... dont list items as in stock.

I wanted to let y'all know about my bad experience so that you do not have too. I think they have hubs for part p/u across the country and that may be the way to go... but online- FORGET IT!

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear, but not surprised. I've had a bad experience there as well and have heard others have as well.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I’ve ordered exactly one time from them. Had a fine experience. Got right through, got an even greater discount without even asking, and they delivered the parts I needed when nobody else had them in stock. That was several years ago. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

glen5264

Yes ditto. Not a good experience buying my hinge steps. I later found out they were more expensive. The 5% off for please buy from us turn out that went toward the price match. Ugh.

Once bitten twice shy (I think that was Poison who sang it)

BobNH

Yes ditto. Not a good experience buying my hinge steps. I later found out they were more expensive. The 5% off for please buy from us turn out that went toward the price match. Ugh.

Great White ;)

As to 4wd.com, ups and downs. Past history, very good service, but it has changed of late. Their site is a disaster to my phone, and lags my relatively new home computer, and even my work computer designed for CAD programs.

Jeeper62

Yes. I didn’t mention that 5% nonsense either but that happened as well.

Once bitten. Twice shy is correct. Just don’t want y’all to have to contend with false hopes.

Top Bottom