Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

gtony12

Caught the Bug
This doesn't fall under compliment, but it was funny... We were on a trail run with a group of Jeeps and there was a TJ with two girls behind me & my family in our JK, and a single guy in a JKU behind them.

At one of the stops the girl was sitting on the hood of her TJ talking to me and the guy from behind them. He mentions the plastic grill on JKs, and how she probably wouldn't be able to sit on the hood of his. She looked at me and says, "That has a plastic grill?" I joke, "Yeah, that's why some people say they aren't real Jeeps!" She says without missing a beat, "OH, I thought it wasn't a real jeep because it has 4 doors." I thought it was funny. The other guy, probably not so much....

Two Doors For Ever! :thumb::wings:

brizon85

I had a conversation with a lady one night at the gas station. She rolled her window down and said, and I quote, "is that thing on stilts? Your girlfriend must need a ladder!" Stilts?? Haha

my_jk

A neighbor came up to me the other day while I was working on the Jeep and asked me what my gas mileage was so I told her around 12mpg and her response was "well I'm surprised no one has tried running you off the road yet".

Holeshot

Banned
A neighbor came up to me the other day while I was working on the Jeep and asked me what my gas mileage was so I told her around 12mpg and her response was "well I'm surprised no one has tried running you off the road yet".

lol I guess she drives a prius? :doh:

Did you tell her , "LET THEM TRY!" ? Gotta hate self righteous people. :mad:

my_jk

Did you tell her , "LET THEM TRY!" ? Gotta hate self righteous people. :mad:

:cheesy: I should of told her that. She also reported my Jeep because she said she did not see a parking pass on it (was clearly viable) now I get tow notices on it some people are just :crazyeyes:

Miss Boss

Not a compliment, but just to add to the fact that people don't understand!!
Recent convo between my bf and I:
Me: Looking at jeep parts/accessories online
Bf: What are you doing? You have a brand new vehicle!! What could you possibly need?
***He's already been warned not to call it a car or death may occur! Haha! :yup:****
Me: You just don't get it, do you? What could I need?! What don't I need now!!! Winch, bumper, wheels, tires, rock sliders,..... *sigh* :grayno:

Rivertoys

Not a compliment, but just to add to the fact that people don't understand!!
Recent convo between my bf and I:
Me: Looking at jeep parts/accessories online
Bf: What are you doing? You have a brand new vehicle!! What could you possibly need?
***He's already been warned not to call it a car or death may occur! Haha! :yup:****
Me: You just don't get it, do you? What could I need?! What don't I need now!!! Winch, bumper, wheels, tires, rock sliders,..... *sigh* :grayno:

That's funny..... and I get it! While still at the dealer and before we signed any paperwork, I made it clear to my wife I would be replacing the plastic bumpers within the week.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I almost had a guy and his buddy veer into me on the freeway in their stock JK X while they were staring at Knuckles...I thought that would have been a strange compliment. :eek: :cheesy:

This morning, I parked next to a guy at Home Depot who was on the phone in his car. About 2 minutes later he came running up to me in the store and said "I just have to tell you I really love your jeep...that thing is bad ass!"

LOL!

Skid_Kid

I almost had a gut and his buddy veer into me on the freeway in their stock JK X while they were staring at Knuckles...I thought that would have been a strange compliment. :eek: :cheesy:

That would have SUCKED!!!! :shock::shock::crazyeyes:

GetOut

In the small town I live in there is a "hydroponics store" right next to the movie rental joint. I come out after grabbing a handfull of movies right as one of the hydroponics more "classier" customers walks out. I hop in the drivers seat(no doors/top/etc) she says "Hey is that yours?". I look around hoping for a witness to what I just know will be an epic conversation and reply "yes it is". She says "where are the doors?, what happened to the roof?"....... Without skipping a beat I say, "didn't buy them, couldn't afford a fully loaded one" She then asked if it was scary to drive on the freeway with no doors, and hopped on the back of a motorcycle and rode off :doh:

Tackerdown

Banned
In the small town I live in there is a "hydroponics store" right next to the movie rental joint. I come out after grabbing a handfull of movies right as one of the hydroponics more "classier" customers walks out. I hop in the drivers seat(no doors/top/etc) she says "Hey is that yours?". I look around hoping for a witness to what I just know will be an epic conversation and reply "yes it is". She says "where are the doors?, what happened to the roof?"....... Without skipping a beat I say, "didn't buy them, couldn't afford a fully loaded one" She then asked if it was scary to drive on the freeway with no doors, and hopped on the back of a motorcycle and rode off :doh:
Thats just messed up.

I don't know if this is the right place but on Thursday I went to SnG and on my way over there I lost a balancing weight on my front tire so It would pull to the left then I called the local shop witch I hate to go too but I asked how much it cost to re balance again and the lady said 7 dollars I'm like okay cool its 10 to mount and balance down the street but whatever so I went and the shop owner saw my rubi take offs and didn't say anything got it rebalanced and I went to pay her she said its 10 dollars I said what? She said its a over size tire so I told her but its only stock! And she even looked it up and she said okay I'll do 7 after five minutes so I paid with my visa and she said the least I can charge you with visa is 10 dollars so its 3 bucks but I got screwed:/ and my jeep is still stock

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't know if this is the right place but on Thursday I went to SnG and on my way over there I lost a balancing weight on my front tire so It would pull to the left then I called the local shop witch I hate to go too but I asked how much it cost to re balance again and the lady said 7 dollars I'm like okay cool its 10 to mount and balance down the street but whatever so I went and the shop owner saw my rubi take offs and didn't say anything got it rebalanced and I went to pay her she said its 10 dollars I said what? She said its a over size tire so I told her but its only stock! And she even looked it up and she said okay I'll do 7 after five minutes so I paid with my visa and she said the least I can charge you with visa is 10 dollars so its 3 bucks but I got screwed:/ and my jeep is still stock

You wasted that much time over $3? :thinking:

Top Bottom