Fun weekend :)

Recurve

So thanksgiving weekend with snow on the ground I wanted to get my jeep out an play.
Just wanna say I love my jeep an you never know what's goin to happen on the trails lol.
Lets start of in the beginning , just replaced trans oil cooler line so I was ready to get out.
Well got to the top of the one trail , decided to do a couple donuts , just as soon as I was done I lost power steering.
I fought it home, low an behold image.jpg
I snapped the whole pulley shaft?! I've never seen or done this before. Lucky I got one ordered the for the next day an replaced it.
So round two , snow still on the ground an I'm out sight seeing image.jpg

Wouldn't you know it the next bend I take, I see what looked like a late 80s ford flipped over on its side!
I think the kid got a little two sideways on the ice an it dug in on a dry spot, over it went.
At first I was thinking my jeep didn't have enough ass to get him over, it would just slide in the snow an ice.
But felt bad for him, figured give it a shot. Strapped to top part of his frame , jeep slid a bit an the winch did the rest!
Jeep ftw :)
Sorry no before pics but here's the damage
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I tried my best to do as safe as possible , an remembered the roll over thread on here which helped.
But I did screw one thing up, an I forgot to put the guys truck in park, so when it flipped over it started heading down hill! Lucky my strap caught under the tire. I felt like an idiot , but the kid was glad to get outta there.
I did tell him to make sure to take spark plugs out an give it a crank to get excess oil out.
But he just seemed more concerned getting home.
Anyways fun thanksgiving weekend lol, an love my jeep

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You pictures of the roll aren't coming through.

And I hope he didn't take the injectors out. That's a lot of work! You are supposed to take the spark plugs out.

Recurve

LOL whoops not injectors. I meant spark plugs :doh: why are the pics showing up for me a not for you guys?

Recurve

You pictures of the roll aren't coming through.

And I hope he didn't take the injectors out. That's a lot of work! You are supposed to take the spark plugs out.

they showing up now? Friend checked his computer an they are up? Maybe took a little bit to load? I used my slow ass phone.:idontknow:

Recurve

That sucks. Cool old ford that is totaled now.
yeah, he showed me some other pics. Its going to need a fender an door. The whole cab will need cut off an new one one welded. The guys up here on the mountain have so many of these year fords Im sure he will have it looking decent again. Ive seen worse brought back. Although might not want to roll it again if theres weak spots :grayno:

Top Bottom