FULL DISCLOSURE : YES - I do get "FREE" Stuff...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
one thing I've noticed over the years is you've never changed your position on the quality of something for the sake of "free".
I recall numerous times where you have even stated that what you run isn't for everyone and even with JetLi, you tested different phases of lifts and offered honest opinions on each phase.

I've also noticed the rapid rise of 1st time jeep owners (especially with the JL) that start channels and will do anything to get views and then pimp a product no matter how shitty is it as the best and all their viewers should buy it...until they get another vendor to offer of the same thing then it's the new better thing. many of them are nothing more than the latest free thing they received infomercial and not worth a shit... meanwhile naive jeep owners have followed the shit addon bandwagon and wasted their money. I could go on but it pisses me off and kinda turns me off of Jeeping...

I appreciate your honesty and you always back it up with proof or with explanation of why you prefer certain parts over others, integrity still means something (y)
It's a tough thing to go from reading magazines to being a part of some of the very first bulletin boards to seeing social media explode into the shit show that it is today. Like you, the whole thing has really made Jeeping into a who can be the biggest whore contest and it just sucks. It is a big part of why Cindy and I have been wanting to go the exact opposite direction. We don't want to pimp, sell, influence or convince anybody to buy or use any manufacturer, product or vendor of anything. We just want to share our love of Jeeps and the places that they can take us to.

With that said, we really appreciate you and your support.

WJCO

Meme King
It's a tough thing to go from reading magazines to being a part of some of the very first bulletin boards to seeing social media explode into the shit show that it is today. Like you, the whole thing has really made Jeeping into a who can be the biggest whore contest and it just sucks. It is a big part of why Cindy and I have been wanting to go the exact opposite direction. We don't want to pimp, sell, influence or convince anybody to buy or use any manufacturer, product or vendor of anything. We just want to share our love of Jeeps and the places that they can take us to.
I bought my first jeep to get away from people but realized soon after that building it up would be even more beneficial to getting to 'harder to reach' areas. I found you on YouTube and then later found the forum. Solid people. Solid advice. I have met some great people here online and in person. Since the JL came out, seems like the whores online came out too and just want to make a buck. It's just not the same as it used to be. I'm really glad you continue to stand to your morals and principles regardless of the negative bullets flying by. Truth always prevails in the end.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought my first jeep to get away from people but realized soon after that building it up would be even more beneficial to getting to 'harder to reach' areas. I found you on YouTube and then later found the forum. Solid people. Solid advice. I have met some great people here online and in person. Since the JL came out, seems like the whores online came out too and just want to make a buck. It's just not the same as it used to be. I'm really glad you continue to stand to your morals and principles regardless of the negative bullets flying by. Truth always prevails in the end.
Thank you my friend. I'd be lying if I said that I don't always feel like the truth will prevail in the end but I'm sticking to it anyway. :)

benatc1

Hooked
Yea right! We all know what really happens lol.. Seriously though, I never have and still can't understand why some people even care, the same people that care are probably listening to someone who is actually getting free garbage, in most cases, and they are to dumb to realize what's going on, so they criticize you instead.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea right! We all know what really happens lol.. Seriously though, I never have and still can't understand why some people even care, the same people that care are probably listening to someone who is actually getting free garbage, in most cases, and they are to dumb to realize what's going on, so they criticize you instead.
It really is a strange thing for sure. I never got the kind of hate that I do back in the TJ days. Only since the JK did things get weird.
I’m a hater, but you already knew this. lol.
LOL - ya got me 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of "free" stuff. Well, they actually want a review out of it (imagine that - they want a quid pro quo) but I just got this one from a company called Elf Offroad. I looked at what they came up with and wasn't thrilled by their solution and I already make and use an ARB single and I'm plenty happy with it. So, I won't be taking this freebie either.

elf.jpg

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I agreee with the others it shouldn’t matter if you get free stuff. Everyone who complains is just pissed that they didn’t get it free as well and if in your shoes would be doing the exact same thing. ..Taking the products and writing reviews. Only difference is they wouldn’t be honest or sincere about the products. Hell most would push shit products made in China. I say keep on doing what your doing!! Fuck everyone else who disagrees.

It’s how things work this day and age. If you’re a successful influencer it’s bound to happen and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Often times for a manufacturer ifs cheaper than actually creating ads and going through all the marketing hassles so it only makes sense. What sets YOU apart is your honest feedback on shit that works and shit that doesn’t and the fact that you’d rather PAY for the stuff that does work, only further proves that you care far more about quality than saving a buck. Having great companies on board that support you is great but, people need to understand that these companies are also getting a shit load of free marketing and that is worth far more than product, or at least most of the time.

JT@623

Hooked
After lurking around this site for a bit . I decided this was the site for me because of the honesty sometimes brutal at that ,those that aren’t get called out rather quickly LOL. Still the newb here but been around the off road game since the late 70’s and can’t stand two faced fake people . Smart companies that support the industry and try to make it better would be fools not to let someone who wheels as hard and is as passionate about it as you and Cindy try there products and give honest feedback.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LOL - for sure. And really, those guys aren't all that bad. The ones that really get me laughing are the ones who get all butthurt that I would say anything less than positive about what they've chosen to buy. Because clearly, I didn't get free stuff from that company LOL
I don't understand why people feel that way. I mean, just because you don't recommend a part doesn't mean you wish a part to fail on them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agreee with the others it shouldn’t matter if you get free stuff. Everyone who complains is just pissed that they didn’t get it free as well and if in your shoes would be doing the exact same thing. ..Taking the products and writing reviews. Only difference is they wouldn’t be honest or sincere about the products. Hell most would push shit products made in China. I say keep on doing what your doing!! Fuck everyone else who disagrees.
LOL - you know I will and appreciate your support.
It’s how things work this day and age. If you’re a successful influencer it’s bound to happen and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Often times for a manufacturer ifs cheaper than actually creating ads and going through all the marketing hassles so it only makes sense. What sets YOU apart is your honest feedback on shit that works and shit that doesn’t and the fact that you’d rather PAY for the stuff that does work, only further proves that you care far more about quality than saving a buck. Having great companies on board that support you is great but, people need to understand that these companies are also getting a shit load of free marketing and that is worth far more than product, or at least most of the time.
That's just the thing though, I recoil at the thought that we're some kind of "influencer" as I really couldn't give two shits what people think about me or what they choose to run on their Jeep and would never try to convince people to buy anything. This Jeep thing we do is a passion and one that we want to share with others. People can take what they want or do whatever they want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After lurking around this site for a bit . I decided this was the site for me because of the honesty sometimes brutal at that ,those that aren’t get called out rather quickly LOL. Still the newb here but been around the off road game since the late 70’s and can’t stand two faced fake people . Smart companies that support the industry and try to make it better would be fools not to let someone who wheels as hard and is as passionate about it as you and Cindy try there products and give honest feedback.
Thank you, we really appreciate it and it's great to have you here.
I don't understand why people feel that way. I mean, just because you don't recommend a part doesn't mean you wish a part to fail on them.
EXACTLY! It's like I personally need to approve of what they chose to buy or else I'm just a hater. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom