FS: Wireless Universal GPS Receiver by DUAL

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Up for sale is a new in box GPS Receiver by DUAL. I purchased it in April under the assumption that it would be useful for my iPad, but the internal GPS receiver has been sufficient so I have not needed to use it. New was $100. I will provide the receipt from Crutchfield for warranty purposes. This item is still in its original packaging, only the box's wrapping was removed to take pictures of the item to sell.

This item is necessary for any iPad/iphone/ipod touch/ tablets and laptops that do not have an internal GPS receiver. It got rave reviews on the Expedition Forum.

There is a great thread of a couple using it on an extended expedition and comparing it to other GPS/Navigation methods and devices: HERE.

$80 Shipped within the lower 48 states.

Please ignore the iPad in the photo, it is not for sale.

Overview
The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver is very simple to use. There is a quick set up process that includes pairing your device with the Receiver. Once this is done, the Receiver will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with, and you will be able to use it with hundreds of apps that require location information.

The GPS Receiver also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool app. (Available Free on the iTunes store). The app is a simple utility application for use with the GPS Receiver. The app shows detailed information from the GPS Receiver including:

Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
The battery level of the GPS Receiver, and whether or not it is charging
Confirmation the GPS Receiver is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
The GPS Receiver includes a non-slip pad for use in a cockpit, car or a boat. The non-slip pad will stick securely to most surfaces, including vertical walls and windows. The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver is not waterproof, but it will withstand light splashes when it is seated properly in the non-slip pad.

A two-piece armband is also included for using the Receiver during hiking, geocaching, jogging, cycling and other outdoor activities. Use the armband without the extension to secure the GPS Receiver around the strap of a backpack, handlebar, etc.

Top Bottom