Front Trackbar recommendations

deezus

Currently running a RK front track bar, just noticed the Bushings are blown and need to replace the end or rebuild it. Is this common to have to do every year or so? And are there better track bars?
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run factory track bars on both my JK's running EVO DTD's. Specifically, a 2007-10 track bar or the kind that Crown makes - same thing. Of all the track bars I have personally run in the past, I have found these to be strong, remain silent and have bushings that last a long time. You do need to run a track bar relocation bracket with it though as of course, they are not adjustable :crazyeyes:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run factory track bars on both my JK's running EVO DTD's. Specifically, a 2007-10 track bar or the kind that Crown makes - same thing. Of all the track bars I have personally run in the past, I have found these to be strong, remain silent and have bushings that last a long time. You do need to run a track bar relocation bracket with it though as of course, they are not adjustable :crazyeyes:

Stock has worked perfectly for me as well :thumb:

deezus

Thanks Eddie, yea I have my drag flipped and I really do like my RK lift and TB, but more and more as I read these forums, I'm trying to stay open to other products ideas. I had no idea when I bought my first Jeep I would be this into it...... I just thought this Jeep can get me over the pass to go snowboarding I'll never take it off road.... Lmao what a naive noob I was... [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Not to thread jack but was the change in 2011+ just bushing related? Are the old bushings better? I just swapped in a 2011 bar and figured I'd do bushings as they're so cheap. Wanna make sure I'm getting the better ones.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to thread jack but was the change in 2011+ just bushing related? Are the old bushings better? I just swapped in a 2011 bar and figured I'd do bushings as they're so cheap. Wanna make sure I'm getting the better ones.

The older track bars have clevite bushings on both ends. The 2011+ track bars have a spherical joint at the frame end with plastic components inside. It's a decent joint that allows for a greater degree of bind free movement but it doesn't seem to last as long. I don't think you can replace it with an older style clevite bushing as it will not be the right size. At lease, that's what I had found.

Top Bottom