Front Hub to Knuckle Bolt = $55 bolt anyone have a better source?

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
On older rigs where rust has become and issue, I imagine these bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle must get corroded AF and become a booger to get off, especially on the trail.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
If it’s the same as the JK I have some extras.
The JK bolt was 6 point, the JL / JT is 12 point. I will figure out the dimensions and thread type and let you know. I might also experiment with machining some of these on my lathe out of some sort of corrosion resistant material.

CalSgt

Hooked
Yeah…. I planned on replacing a few after my axle broke & they were $30 something back then. That’s a fucking retarded amount for a bolt, I’d bet ARP makes replacements for less.

jeeeep

Hooked
JK 12 pt bolt is M12x1.75x75.00 $9.69/ea
JT 12 pt - M12x1.75x75.50 $41.63

prices from stevewhiteparts.com - shipping is extra and sometimes not worth the extra cost.

hmm.. guess longer is better and priced accordingly lol

1RNGR

Caught the Bug

prices from stevewhiteparts.com - shipping is extra and sometimes not worth the extra cost.

The tip of the JT doesn't have threads, so if you ignore the tip, they are basically the same bolt.
I'm going order a JK bolt and give it a try just for grins.

1683584156932.png

CalSgt

Hooked

So, that’s half of a mm shorter? Or am I not understanding the measurements…

Half mm is like 20 thousandths of an inch

jeeeep

Hooked
So, that’s half of a mm shorter? Or am I not understanding the measurements…

Half mm is like 20 thousandths of an inch
exactly, guess it really depends on how many threads actually pass thru the hub to keep it attached under proper torque.

Top Bottom