Front Driveshaft repair?

I've seen stock take offs from as low as $40, so look around a bit more if you want that temporary option. How long did it last after your lift? Also curious how long are your shocks?

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

While there are kits now that will allow you to replace the boot, I personally wouldn't bother as you'll just end up tearing it again - trust me. You can run with your drive shaft as is for quite some time before it becomes a problem and if it were me, I would just do that until you can save up enough to buy a replacement aftermarket shaft.

Good advice, I did the same thing and just saved for a new one.
Good luck on your decision

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pinion angle or diff cover makes no difference in how much fluid you can or need to run. You just need to make sure that the fluid level sits at the base of the axle tubes. This should be the factory required amount. You can use a bent zip tie or something like it as a dip stick to help figure this out.
Thank you Eddie....I will file this for future use

Are the OEM front shafts the same for the 2 doors and 4 doors?

I've got an OEM front shaft in my garage taking up space from my 2014 JKUR. If it fits, it's all yours for the cost of shipping.

Edit: Seems like in the end you may want to get an aftermarket shaft, but figured I'd toss it out there anyway incase you wanted something to hold you over for the time being.

Last edited:
Are the OEM front shafts the same for the 2 doors and 4 doors?

I've got an OEM front shaft in my garage taking up space from my 2014 JKUR. If it fits, it's all yours for the cost of shipping.

Edit: Seems like in the end you may want to get an aftermarket shaft, but figured I'd toss it out there anyway incase you wanted something to hold you over for the time being.

Yes, they are the same. It's an auto vs manual that is different but just by a bit.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

The difference between the auto and manual shaft length isn't enough to be a real issue especially if it's just going to be used temporarily.

Top Bottom