Front bumper chop

Rubizon

Hey all. Currently I have a Warn Rock Crawler front bumper on my rig. I have been playing around a little bit with the idea of cutting off the ends and turning it in to a custom stubby. Has anyone ever seen this done?

I would consider taking it off and purchasing a new stubby front bumper, but funds are running a bit thin and have to make due with what I have. I have a friend with a shop who said he can help me cut it and weld some end caps on to it as well.

Thanks ahead of time! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415200661.091074.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415200676.550413.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415200695.324445.jpg

looks like its deff possible. you could have custom end caps make like the ruggid ridge stubby ones for cheap as well.
images

looks like its deff possible. you could have custom end caps make like the ruggid ridge stubby ones for cheap as well.
images

With this bumper the way the stinger is mounted I would have to try and come up with a crafty way to make it look good and not stab everyone who walks by. I don't think I could bring it in as tight as the rugged ridge without crafting a new stinger along with it.

With this bumper the way the stinger is mounted I would have to try and come up with a crafty way to make it look good and not stab everyone who walks by. I don't think I could bring it in as tight as the rugged ridge without crafting a new stinger along with it.

oh yea i wasnt saying bring it in that tight. sorry if i didnt type it clearly. what i was trying to say is create end caps like the RR ones and bring it in as far as you can. gives you the room you need.

So far it's working out ok. I do need to trim it at the bottom corners just a tiny bit because of some rubbing when I flex but it's not hard at all to do. For you I would recommend removing the bumper and welding the plates from the inside. I was in a hurry to get ready for a run and didn't have the time needed to remove the lights and winch just to remove mine so it got welded from the outside, nothing that can't be fixed when I trim it up.

oh yea i wasnt saying bring it in that tight. sorry if i didnt type it clearly. what i was trying to say is create end caps like the RR ones and bring it in as far as you can. gives you the room you need.

Ahhh got it. My bad. I like the idea. I think I might try and recycle the material I will be cutting off the ends and maybe fab up something along those lines.

So far it's working out ok. I do need to trim it at the bottom corners just a tiny bit because of some rubbing when I flex but it's not hard at all to do. For you I would recommend removing the bumper and welding the plates from the inside. I was in a hurry to get ready for a run and didn't have the time needed to remove the lights and winch just to remove mine so it got welded from the outside, nothing that can't be fixed when I trim it up.

Alright cool. Ya, I wasn't sure if I was going to leave it on or take it off, but now I will for sure take it off. Thanks!

Top Bottom