From NY to Moab East coast pilgrimage to Moab 2014

mrmet1983

Well Moab has always been on my bucket list.... if you guys dont mind some Texas folks joining in, I will see what I can do for vacation time... Same with the wife.... I still have to get my axle upgraded and re-geared before though... so we will see.....

Jerry~

Wud love to add to the group for sure , everyone is welcome to tag a long or meet us as we cross the county

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Smoked

Wud love to add to the group for sure , everyone is welcome to tag a long or meet us as we cross the county

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Thank you sir..

Any ideas on minimum vehicle capability...?

lol.. I dont want to be a burden...

2011 JKUR 2.5 coil lift, 35's, winch, and powertank..

mrmet1983

Thank you sir..

Any ideas on minimum vehicle capability...?

lol.. I dont want to be a burden...

2011 JKUR 2.5 coil lift, 35's, winch, and powertank..

With 35s and a winch u will be fine , anything that is to crazy we will just bypass

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
It seems so far away but it's really not. April/May will be here soon and I can't effen wait !! I really hope we can get a big group to cruise across country. Even if we pick up people on the way since this will start in NY and end in Cali

This would be great if we could pull this together.........I'm game....I'll throw my hat in on this one......you guys travel west from NY on I-78 to Harrisburg then I-70 through Columbus and Indianapolis to St.Louis.......I'll head up from Ft.Lauderdale through Atlanta and Nashville and we'll meet up in St.Louis (St.Louis could be the meeting hub for the East Coasters from the north or south).......Meet & Greet...organize a plan then head west from St.Louis on I-70 through Kansas City, Denver, Grand Junction on to Crescent Junction (side trip on 191 to Moab) back on I-70 west to I-70/I-15 exchange......I-15 south through Las Vegas and into the State of California.......arriving in Orange County

I made a similar trip in reverse in a Grand Cherokee and it took me 18 days to complete (one way).....alternating camping and hotels along the way to save whatever $$ I could........had a blast......saw some amazing sites along the way......America the beautiful is an understatement.......Speak up people if you are interested.......you only live once!

Cheers:beer:
Woody

Last edited:

mrmet1983

This would be great if we could pull this together.........I'm game....I'll throw my hat in on this one......you guys travel west from NY on I-78 to Harrisburg then I-70 through Columbus and Indianapolis to St.Louis.......I'll head up from Ft.Lauderdale through Atlanta and Nashville and we'll meet up in St.Louis (St.Louis could be the meeting hub for the East Coasters from the north or south).......Meet & Greet...organize a plan then head west from St.Louis on I-70 through Kansas City, Denver, Grand Junction on to Crescent Junction (side trip on 191 to Moab) back on I-70 west to I-70/I-15 exchange......I-15 south through Las Vegas and into the State of California.......arriving in Orange County

I made a similar trip in reverse in a Grand Cherokee and it took me 18 days to complete......alternating camping and hotels along the way to save whatever $$ I could........had a blast......saw some amazing sites along the way......America the beautiful is an understatement.......Speak up people if you are interested.......you only live once!

Cheers:beer:
Woody

That's a great plan and as we get closet we can set up our route and get everything penciled in

Hatewagon

Woody, you got it man. You only live once! Been trying to get more folks in on the trip up here but i frankly get alot of excuses.

Once we cross the border, we head west at syracuse, through Cleveland, to Denver and to Moab. Took us pretty much three days. Only stopped for gas and sleep.

What trails you guys looking at doing?

MOFO - Original 9
Www.facebook.com/nomadoffroad

mrmet1983

Woody, you got it man. You only live once! Been trying to get more folks in on the trip up here but i frankly get alot of excuses.

Once we cross the border, we head west at syracuse, through Cleveland, to Denver and to Moab. Took us pretty much three days. Only stopped for gas and sleep.

What trails you guys looking at doing?

MOFO - Original 9

I'm looking to hit all the most infamous trails. I will have at least 4-6 weeks off I plan on getting out west as fast as possible then taking time on the trip home

Smoked

Knowing how our vacation picks work, we will be in the straight there and back category. I hope that the wife and I can get at least 10-14 days off to do this... If we do get off the only thing that might slow us down is my crackhead dog. May have to bring the pup along too.... we are having a meeting tonight with some jeep guys that we hang out with. I am going to pitch it to them as well... I hope to get at least one other Texas rig coming up with us... The wife is all for it... like I mentioned before, it has been on our bucket list for some time now..

justin04lj

Ejs 2014 for me. Woohoo first timer here. Already have the camp site booked. Ill be there for the beginning and middle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

Ejs 2014 for me. Woohoo first timer here. Already have the camp site booked. Ill be there for the beginning and middle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice but this thread is for a trip after EJS I'm looking to avoid all the madness and take my time and enjoy everythin. EJS will just be to crowded and nuts for my liking.

mrmet1983

Let's do this guys everyone who is thinking they can make this trip post where you will be departing from and how many rigs will be accompanying you for example

Chris Long Island : 4 jeeps including mine

Hatewagon

Good idea. Ill include how they are built and important gear we are bringing.

Kev - Ottawa canada. 4 jeeps.

All running 2.5 inch lifts and 35s (mine is 4 inches and 37s). I have a winch and full recovery gear. Bringing full tools including a stick welder, maybe getting a mobi-welder for this trip. This is my second trip.

MOFO - Original 9

Rubicon55

Would love to be part of this trip. Was wondering how long this is gonna take. I could get max 3 weeks off from work and would be leaving Boston Ma to meet up with you guys. How would this trip progress. Do you hunker down and drive out there as quick as possible and what would the timeline look like when we get there. Have you looked into specific details of lodging trip ideas etc and destinations. Wanted to make a trip to Colorado and do the san Juan mtns but this would be great with the caravan of jeeps. Could be a trip of a lifetime. Love the idea and am subscribed to this thread

Hatewagon

Our plan is to blast out there as fast as we can. Takes about three days. Team Canada was looking at renting a house but plans are still in the works. There is tons of places to stay there, hotels, cabins, houses. We rented a tiny cabin in the OK RV park last year. It was super small but cheap and everyone drove a jeep there. Met so many cool people and still keep in touch to this day. I think we are planning to stay 10 days if i remember correctly. Funny you mention Colorado, my wife and i were talking about exploring that area on the way back.

MOFO - Original 9

Rubicon55

Sweet pictures right there. Again would love to get in on this trip could be epic. Can't wait to see where this goes. Defiantly want in on this. Anyone else near Massachusetts wanna join in and head out together. What will you guys be bringing for gear seeing that storage is an issue in JKs.

Top Bottom