Free oil change yes or no?

NV375

I am do for my first oil change. When I purchased the rig it comes with several included oil changes. My concern is being flagged for mods. Is this more a concern with warranty requests or am I gambling using my free ones. I do not plan to use this dealer other than for oil changes. Rig has Rancho 2" sport suspension, 37s, rims, LoD front bumper, EVO rear D ring mounts and cut fenders.
1400474086190.jpg

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

I am do for my first oil change. When I purchased the rig it comes with several included oil changes. My concern is being flagged for mods. Is this more a concern with warranty requests or am I gambling using my free ones. I do not plan to use this dealer other than for oil changes. Rig has Rancho 2" sport suspension, 37s, rims, LoD front bumper, EVO rear D ring mounts and cut fenders.
View attachment 83882

I used my free oil change and they never said anything and I dont have many things left on the jeep that are stock. I wouldnt worry about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
You may or may not be flagged for mods anyway. I'd get the free oil changes if its not too far out of the way.

I've also heard that's it a decent idea to create a relationship with a dealer through routine maintenance. Again a roll of the dice, but might be beneficial if/when you need warranty work.

I have the oil change program for my jeep and have taken it to the same dealership I bought it at for all service/issues up to this point (nearly two yrs). Now that its built up, time will tell.

- Jason

SDG

Caught the Bug
What Jason said! If it were me, I would bring it in and chat it up with the service manager, or whatever the guys in the booths are called? Always better they know who you are, and know that you gave them business... then at least they will think twice before trying to give you the run around or other bs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea don't be worried about it. I bring my rig to the dealer a decent amount just so they see it. I chat it up with my service advisor and all is good. I even asked him about my jeep being flagged and he said it hasn't been...... Yet lol. With your mods you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, do the oil change and if they are close enough to you, pay to have future ones done there as well. Becoming a customer is the best way to HELP ensure that your Jeep will get warranty work done.

ghostryder

correct me if i am wrong but if you have something break that is under warrantee would they not have to prove that it was because of a certain mod that you have that made it break?

i also took mine back to the dealer and all they did was complement the work that was done on it i agree with the above if your a return customer and they like you you are more subject to get away with things than not

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
correct me if i am wrong but if you have something break that is under warrantee would they not have to prove that it was because of a certain mod that you have that made it break?

By law, yes. Unfortunately, the way it really works is that a dealership can flag your Jeep for just about anything they want and then it's up to you to fight Chrysler and prove to them that your mod did not cause the break. How do I know? I've been down that road and after a very long and hard fought battle, eventually won.

ghostryder

By law, yes. Unfortunately, the way it really works is that a dealership can flag your Jeep for just about anything they want and then it's up to you to fight Chrysler and prove to them that your mod did not cause the break. How do I know? I've been down that road and after a very long and hard fought battle, eventually won.

well hopefully i am have a little better chance of not getting flagged since the owner of this dealership puts on a huge wheeling event lol

metaldemon

It would depend on the dealer. My friend took his to a different dealer, because the dealer he bought it from closed. This dealership took pictures of his JK, and sent them to Jeep. His warranty was flagged in half a heartbeat.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
NV375
Sharp rig first of all. :)
I just had my first oil change on my 2013 4 door.

I am modded out, and where I got my oil changed at the dealer they didn't even blink any eye. It helps that my dealership mods JK's with HEMIs all the time.

DSC06041_zpsf62380ca.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
View attachment 83882

As others have said, get the oil change done. A good and honest dealership won't bat an eye. I've had the trans replaced, a soft top window replaced, and other minor warranty issues taken care of by my local dealership after I installed my lift and 35s and I didn't even buy my jeep from them (long story). Although they did mention to me that even though my new tranny is making a similar noise as the first one did, CHRYSLER won't allow them to pull the second one out (also a longer story).

NV375

Same stealership just pissed me off today. Having to do with the 4 free oil changes for my truck that were only 2 free oil changes because it's a diesel. We did not know about the free oil changes when we purchased the truck. My wife was given four coupons for free oil changes when she picked up our DMV paperwork. No one told her diesels can only use two of them. My wife called and asked for the GM and was told he would probably not want to talk to her. In a matter of minutes a happy customer that spent over $80k in the last year there is no longer a happy customer. I would still be a happy customer if there were no free oil changes or if they said it was only two before I drove 110 miles to get told they give every one four coupons but diesels only get to use two of them. I don't trust the service center at this dealership. Rant over.

Last edited:

cuongdyna

NV375
Sharp rig first of all. :)
I just had my first oil change on my 2013 4 door.

I am modded out, and where I got my oil changed at the dealer they didn't even blink any eye. It helps that my dealership mods JK's with HEMIs all the time.

DSC06041_zpsf62380ca.jpg

What dealer do you take your jeep to get your service done?

Top Bottom