Fox Shocks IFP Adventure or Performance

Amrth

Need some inputs.. Planning on upgrading the shocks.. Thinking for Fox IFP series and I'm getting IFP Adventure series for 360$ where as Performance series for 480$ including shipping.. whats the better decision? Current setup is Rubicon spings, with spacers on stock shocks with extension brackets. Lift is about 3"..

Edit: I've another question as well, is there a standard length chart for quick disconnects, like how tall should they should be setup for a daily driver?

Last edited:

tgoss

I don't know what your goal is for your rig but your best bet would be putting the value of one of those shocks into some new springs first and go from there. Blowing 2k on dampeners is a bit aggressive.

Secondly, completely disconnect your sway bar from the axle, make the say bar a little above level +10-15* and measure from there down to the mounting point on the axle tube. Everyone's set up is different so buy something with a little adjust ability like Evo's

Amrth

I don't know what your goal is for your rig but your best bet would be putting the value of one of those shocks into some new springs first and go from there. Blowing 2k on dampeners is a bit aggressive.

Secondly, completely disconnect your sway bar from the axle, make the say bar a little above level +10-15* and measure from there down to the mounting point on the axle tube. Everyone's set up is different so buy something with a little adjust ability like Evo's

Thank you.
I meant 360$ & 480$ for all 4 shocks.. 2K on the dampers.. HOLY MOLY not that rich yet!

On the disconnects, I've a adjustable one. currently I've a the stock one that very small when I compare to the RK once that I received .

tgoss

Thank you.
I meant 360$ & 480$ for all 4 shocks.. 2K on the dampers.. HOLY MOLY not that rich yet!

On the disconnects, I've a adjustable one. currently I've a the stock one that very small when I compare to the RK once that I received .

Oh, fair enough, apologies for misreading that.

JKU Fireman

Need some inputs.. Planning on upgrading the shocks.. Thinking for Fox IFP series and I'm getting IFP Adventure series for 360$ where as Performance series for 480$ including shipping.. whats the better decision? Current setup is Rubicon spings, with spacers on stock shocks with extension brackets. Lift is about 3"..

Edit: I've another question as well, is there a standard length chart for quick disconnects, like how tall should they should be setup for a daily driver?

After recently going through the same delimma, I went with the Fox 2.0 IFP Performance series. I went to the Fox website for my research, along with a few reviews. The Performance series are built with better materials. Just make sure you buy the right length for your lift. They are available for a 1"-3" lift and a 4"-6" lift. Hope this helps. Also, the Jeep rides sooooo much better!

Amrth

After recently going through the same delimma, I went with the Fox 2.0 IFP Performance series. I went to the Fox website for my research, along with a few reviews. The Performance series are built with better materials. Just make sure you buy the right length for your lift. They are available for a 1"-3" lift and a 4"-6" lift. Hope this helps. Also, the Jeep rides sooooo much better!

Thanks Bud.. I was going to call them up before I place the order.. I'm also inclined towards the performance series by looking at their build sheet. Your inputs helped me with it..

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was looking into performance and got a great deal on a set. They can be rebuilt for around $80 from Fox. Rebuilds are same price for res. As well. They are also t-6061 aluminum. Very happy so far. I was running Rubi shocks.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
The performance version has an aluminum body and holds up well to the elements. You'll want the shorter versions. They pair well with stiffer springs. When I switched to the evo plush ride springs, I swapped them out for Kings ($2000).

icufltrn

I have the performance series mated to the metalcloak springs. I went from the Rancho 9000 and rough country springs. The ride is great. Mine are on a jku. I read they are a rough ride on the jks

Top Bottom