Forced to leave Utah...

Speeddmn

So apart of being in the worlds greatest Air Force comes a time when you are required to move. I was recently notified I will be stationed in a place I was just at for a deployment. Only good thing to come of this is a get to choose where I want to be stationed at afterwards. With my job I am limited to a few bases and would like to stat on the western side of the lower 48. I do have a chance to go to Alaska tho, only not the good part... Fairbanks isn't the place I would like to go, but I might enjoy it. Wife and kids might not!

Anyways if anyone has any insight on housing market in south GA, around the Valdosta area, MT Home Idaho area, Western Fort Worth, and western FLA pan handle around the Navarre/Destin area. Any info like school system and outdoors stuff. Even if the city has a code where I cant have my travel trailer on the side of my home. Any info would be great and Thanks!

Living in Navar beach would be better than living in Destin. Destin in the summer time is a great place if you want to e in bumper to bumper traffic from May to September. Then the snow bird come in. That is about all the info I have. Might check with your local bases housing office. As for education or school districts you can look them up on google and then cross reference to the states Department of Education

dhughes

Banned
Not to change the subject but how do you like Utah? I have a job opportunity in the Murray area.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So apart of being in the worlds greatest Air Force comes a time when you are required to move. I was recently notified I will be stationed in a place I was just at for a deployment. Only good thing to come of this is a get to choose where I want to be stationed at afterwards. With my job I am limited to a few bases and would like to stat on the western side of the lower 48. I do have a chance to go to Alaska tho, only not the good part... Fairbanks isn't the place I would like to go, but I might enjoy it. Wife and kids might not!

Anyways if anyone has any insight on housing market in south GA, around the Valdosta area, MT Home Idaho area, Western Fort Worth, and western FLA pan handle around the Navarre/Destin area. Any info like school system and outdoors stuff. Even if the city has a code where I cant have my travel trailer on the side of my home. Any info would be great and Thanks!

There is a site I've been gives ya info...citydata. also one I found recently called areavibes. Hope this helps ya.

TRAMjam

Fort Worth

Fort Worth especially the westside (I actually live on the west side of FW) is not too bad as far as the housing market. Things are definitely on the upswing. As far as having a travel trailer I would say it would depend on the home and neighborhoods. Some houses are older with very little room and the farther west you go should have no problem. As far as school districts from what I have noticed are the better schools are actually closer to the country as in Aledo/Weatherford but the taxes are higher especially in Aledo. For that reason a lot of people have kids in private schools. This is only info I have received from friends and not first hand experience. As far as outdoors there are lots of things to do (state parks, lakes) as far as off-roading land it kinda depends on the area and how far you want to travel to get to it (Marble Falls, West TX/East TX)

Hope that helps some!! And good luck on the move.

Speeddmn

Not to change the subject but how do you like Utah? I have a job opportunity in the Murray area.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Im north of Murray about 40 mins or so, but the worst thing is traffic, 90% of the state lives within a 90 min drive area. The amount of outdoor activities is endless! Every weekend there is something you can do or just go to! I really want to get to Alaska, but if I need to come back to Utah I would. My wife and kids are staying while I head out for the year so least I would still come home to a home!

Top Bottom